November 2011 Moms

Controversial Topic #3

"Three Strikes" crime laws.... yay or nay?

Re: Controversial Topic #3

• Depends on the crime.  If it is for petty stuff like trespassing or breaking and entering, then ok.  Any type of violent crime or crime against children, I say no.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Utter and complete BS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesmwiggle:
    Depends on the crime.  If it is for petty stuff like trespassing or breaking and entering, then ok.  Any type of violent crime or crime against children, I say no.

I think I agree with you. More serious crimes get no "second chance." While non-violent crimes get second- or even third- chances before more serious consequences. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think that serious crimes obviously shouldn't fall under this... you shouldn't be able to rape someone three times before you face such a long sentence.

However, I think it's sad when someone who has a drug problem (NOT a dealer, just somone who decides to be a recreational idiot) can get caught three times and get prison for life! I think that it should apply to specific scenarios/crimes. After all, who do they think is paying for these non-violent idiots to stay in prison?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"