Baby Showers

Magic Number of Activities?

Hello ladies! 

I don't normally go for the typical baby shower games and am trying to figure out what to suggest to my hostess.  I'd like it to be more of a casual gathering (we'll be having brunch) than a "baby shower," but need some ideas of what are some non-corny games, and how many is a good amount.

Here is what I was thinking: Decorating onesies (have it set up like a craft table), and a "wishes for babies" little card that they fill out with phrases like "I hope you..." etc.

What are some other low-key but fun activities, and how much is too much?  (fyi, Most of the people at my shower won't know each other very well. )

Any suggestions, links or other resources are appreciated! TIA! 

Re: Magic Number of Activities?

• eav2ceav2c member
    You don't have to have any. Personally I prefer that if I'm attending a shower. However, I think two is a good ice breaker. Also, preferably ones that people can sit out if it's not their style, KWIM? The showers I went to I enjoyed a quick game of bingo. I believe they have online printables for showers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree you don't have to have any activities but since you mentioned most of the people won't know each other it is nice to have something for them "to do".  You can have onsie decorating but I just want to warn you of two things.  1) it is an expensive activity.  Not so much the cost of onesies but the paint.  2) you will not use them so it is basically a "throw away" project.  They almost always hideous even though people try to do their best.  The only time I would do this is if it is specified that they do the "Month's Onesies"...like each month has the number and maybe a small design on it.  That way your LO would wear it once for a picture and you can toss it.  Now, I have seen where they did bibs and that was less expensive plus they could be used since they are not directly touching your LO.

The little "wishes" cards are nice to do...as is the bingo the other PP mentioned.  I have always included a couple of games (easy) just because I like games.  One is having you (the MTB) walk around so people can look at a tray filled with baby related items.  You leave the room with the tray and the hostess asks a bunch of questions about YOU...like what color were your shoes, where you wearing heels, did  you have anything in your hair, necklace, earrings, how many, did you have on a dress, skirt, pants, and what color.  Things like that.  Another easy game is to pass around a baby bottle filled with Q-Tips or even candy and have the guests guess how many are in it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the insight! FYI, about the decorating onesies...what I've decided to do is set up a little scrapbooking type of station with stickers, decorative papers, stencils, markers, etc, and give everyone a little square to decorate.  Then I can (later) scan in the pictures and iron on to onesies.  Also, this way if someone has an absolutely horrid design, I won't even really need to waste it on a onesie.  
  • I just had my second shower that had onesie making as an activity. I would suggest no other games because this literally takes everyone a LONG time. Which was fine, everyone at my shower loves crafts, but they are perfectionists and it took forever to transition to something else.

The only other "game" we had was the timer game where my sister started a timer as I was opening gifts and when it went off the person who brought the gift I was opening won a prize. The women all seemed to like this. 

• imagesowingseasons:

I just had my second shower that had onesie making as an activity. I would suggest no other games because this literally takes everyone a LONG time. Which was fine, everyone at my shower loves crafts, but they are perfectionists and it took forever to transition to something else.

The only other "game" we had was the timer game where my sister started a timer as I was opening gifts and when it went off the person who brought the gift I was opening won a prize. The women all seemed to like this. 

That's a good idea!  I like it better than the bingo.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"