Georgia Babies

NBR...need help finding labels for water bottles

I ordered a file to print out labels for water bottles for the boys bday.  but not sure where to get the labels. 

it says it's 2x8.  is there a standard avery label for that size? 

if you have done this, where'd you get the label? 

TIA!! :)

Re: NBR...need help finding labels for water bottles

• I used this website for my wedding and they were great.  https://www.labelsbythesheet.com/ 
  • kepkep member
    I found some free printable water bottle labels on a blog last year for Kate's party. I'd never used water-bottle labels before and asked (here, actually) about how to do it. I got some great advice. I just printed them on my home printer and--because I don't have a laminating machine--covered them in clear packing tape. It took me a few times to get it just right, but I would cut out the labels with a paper trimmer and then cover one side with a piece of clear packing tape. Then I would cover the other side with the tape and cut out the label (now "laminated") with scissors. Then I used a hot glue gun to attach the labels to the water bottles. It actually turned out to be super easy, but it would be a lot more convenient to use actual labels if you have time to get some. :o) HTH!!
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekep:
    I found some free printable water bottle labels on a blog last year for Kate's party. I'd never used water-bottle labels before and asked (here, actually) about how to do it. I got some great advice. I just printed them on my home printer and--because I don't have a laminating machine--covered them in clear packing tape. It took me a few times to get it just right, but I would cut out the labels with a paper trimmer and then cover one side with a piece of clear packing tape. Then I would cover the other side with the tape and cut out the label (now "laminated") with scissors. Then I used a hot glue gun to attach the labels to the water bottles. It actually turned out to be super easy, but it would be a lot more convenient to use actual labels if you have time to get some. :o) HTH!!

That is a great idea! I have made my own and then laminated and used a glue gun. If you use just a label, wouldn't they get ruined when cold? That was my thought. I like to put them in a bucket with ice and when the water/ice gets on them they wouldn't look good anymore. Next time I will be using tape.  

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I've made water bottle labels several times.  I usually order these weatherproof labels in an 8.5x11 sheet.  Then I print the labels and cut them out and attach.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/material_weatherproof_matte_inkjet_labels.htm

For Brady's last party I didn't have any of the label paper so I just printed on a regular piece of paper.  Used clear packing tape to cover the front and back and then cut them out (found it easier to apply the tape before cutting).  Then I wrap the label around the bottle and just use a little piece of tape to secure the two ends together.  No hot glue was needed and they stayed on just fine.  I actually thought this was easier than using the label paper because sometimes it's hard to get the labels on smooth if there is sticky stuff on the back instead of just wrapping it around and taping the two ends together. 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Thanks everyone!!

Jennifer - I actually thought about taping then cutting this morning :)  seemed like it would be easier and you could be less exact. 

• I ordered from a seller on Etsy and really liked them. I also have a friend who does vinyl names that are pretty cool. Her site is called Just Name It https://www.facebook.com/#!/justnameit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDaisygirl613:

Thanks everyone!!

Jennifer - I actually thought about taping then cutting this morning :)  seemed like it would be easier and you could be less exact. 

lol!  Yes, that's why I did it that way.  I didn't have to be so exact getting the tape on.  :) 

my blog
  • kepkep member

OK, so did y'all tape the whole sheet and then cut out the labels? I cut the labels with the trimmer (so I would get a straight cut) and then "taped" them and then trimmed off the excess tape because the tape was bigger than the label). I am not sure I am following you on the taping and then cutting, unless you taped the whole 8.5x11 paper and then cut out the individual labels? (Sorry if I am missing something that is completely obvious.) :o)

Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • imagekep:

OK, so did y'all tape the whole sheet and then cut out the labels? I cut the labels with the trimmer (so I would get a straight cut) and then "taped" them and then trimmed off the excess tape because the tape was bigger than the label). I am not sure I am following you on the taping and then cutting, unless you taped the whole 8.5x11 paper and then cut out the individual labels? (Sorry if I am missing something that is completely obvious.) :o)

Yes, Karen.  Tape the entire sheet of paper on front and back.  Then cut them out.  That way you don't have to worry about cutting and then taping and then trimming off excess tape.

my blog
  • imageMrsKLB:
    imagekep:

Karen...I have a paper cutter thing that I am using once it's all taped up.  Scissors are not fun.  I am doing it one sheet at a time, but I'm really liking the way it's turning out.  :)

Thanks everyone!!

Yes, Karen.  Tape the entire sheet of paper on front and back.  Then cut them out.  That way you don't have to worry about cutting and then taping and then trimming off excess tape.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"