Cloth Diapering

Wool dryer balls

Do you use them? Are they loud? How do you think they help? What's your favorite place to get them?

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wool dryer balls

• I use 4 whenever I dry my diapers. They are a little loud, but it turns into white noise and it has never bothered us. They cut down on dry time and make everything really soft. I think they help! I ordered mine from jackbenatural.com. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebrittas:
    I use 4 whenever I dry my diapers. They are a little loud, but it turns into white noise and it has never bothered us. They cut down on dry time and make everything really soft. I think they help! I ordered mine from jackbenatural.com. 

Good to know....I was never quite sure whether they were worth purchasing. Thanks! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use them for diapers and all of our other laundry. I got a pack of 3 on Eco Baby Buys the last time they had them. I love them!  They are loud with diaper laundry because it's pretty much just inserts and wipes, so it's a small load. You can't really hear them with regular laundry and they really do make the clothes soft and static free. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Like PP stated, they make the clothing soft and help reduce dryer time. I use 2 wool balls from JustSimplyBaby and 2 Nellie's Dryer Balls . FYI - I don't recommend using dryer balls when drying large items like sheets from your bed, because the dryer balls get caught in the fitted sheet and you have to search for them when they're done drying.

• Yes, I use 8 in large dryer loads.  I got them from the shop Clean Sypria on Etsy.  They significantly cut down on drying time and help soften things.
  • We use them with all of our laundry.  It really makes a difference in the baby clothes.  I am not sure about diapers yet, but the clothes are MUCH softer after the balls.  You will need to use several, one really did not make a difference. 
  • I bought them because of the diapers, but am now using them on all our laundry. I have 6, and ordered them from Clean Sypria on Etsy. I like them a lot...they are a little loud in small loads, but it doesn't bother me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got on a kick awhile ago with wool roving and I didn't feel like doing that craft anymore so I made my own dryer balls! They are more like the size of golfballs but I have 10 of them in there and they make me happy when I see them. I'm not sure if it cuts down on energy use or if they are really doing anything but I put a little lemon verbena natural oil on the balls and they make my clothes smell so stinking good!! I love them, and everytime they get stuck in my sheets or shirts I smell them and they make me happy! Totally fun and worth it!! And no, the sound isn't nearly as loud as my normal dryer cycle..
  • Awesome, thanks!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"