Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Help! Baby is sick

DD has had diarrhea the last two days. I had given her two grapes cut in tiny pieces before we left for vacation and within a few hours had pooped them out without digesting them. Then she had one normal poop followed by three more diarrhea diapers. She is refusing solids now and isn't drinking much of her bottles either. What should I do? Is this from takin a 9 hour drive and her trying to adjust to a new place? Could it be teething? She never has diarrhea. Her temperament is usually very good and she's been kind of fussy. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! Baby is sick

• Could be teething, could be a virus.

I would focus on trying to get breastmilk/formula in her to keep her hydrated.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• like pp could be a virus or teething, pedialyte helps keeping them hydrated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You don't need to give pedialyte if she is still taking formula/bm.  It could be lots of things.  If she will take solids follow the brat(y) diet: banana, rice cereal, apple sauce, toast, and yogurt.  Or, if you want to avoid yogurt, try probiotics.  She'll be fine. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• DS has had diarrhea a few times.  Be sure to use diaper cream so she doesn't develop a rash.  Also try to give her "bare butt" time... the air is good to keep the bum dry. 

My pedi says as long as DS is having a few wet diapers per day, then he's not dehydrated.  I'd focus on trying to get formula or BM in her.  It will pass.

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"