Babies: 9 - 12 Months

First Dentist Appointment?

My son just turned nine months and is working on his third tooth. I haven't asked our pediatrician yet, but when did you ladies take your babies to the dentist for the first time if you have? I've heard as soon as they get a tooth, and I've also heard two years old.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: First Dentist Appointment?

• 2-3 years old. I don't think there is any reason to go any sooner unless there is a specific issue. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageVTFutureMrs:
    2-3 years old. I don't think there is any reason to go any sooner unless there is a specific issue. 

This is what our pedi said and I'm glad to see it on here because I read in so many places at 1 year or at least 6 months after the first tooth.  But, our pedi said 2-3 years so I thought she was making it up!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mama31mama31 member
    It varies.  Some say as young as 18 months.  Our dentist says 3 years.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Our dentist said when she gets her full set of baby teeth 24-36 months.  Since DD has yet to sprout any teeth I'm thinking she might be on the late end of this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our dentist had them come in when they were 2.5 yo to just sit in the chair and look at their teeth.  They had their first real appt with a cleaning when they were 3 yo at which time they sat on my lap.  I've never heard of seeing a dentist when they get their first tooth..unless you have a concern.  I think between the ages of 2-3 would be appropriate.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I asked our dentist at my last cleaning, and he said that at 2-3 years we should bring him in to "count teeth."
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Our pedi recommends before their first birthday or 3 months after their first tooth, whichever you prefer. The local pediatric dentist offers free visits if you go before the first birthday as well. We took DS at 10 months and at the time he had 4 top and 2 bottom teeth. They cleaned, examined and gave a fluoride treatment. My mother was a dental hygienist so we're a very pro dentist family. It was pretty bad because they had to hold him down to clean his teeth and examine his mouth but it took about 10 minutes in total and he got some awesome toys from their toy chest and was fine once we got to the car.
  • You'll get different answers.  We took DD in at 2 y/o and it was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our dentist suggests bringing them in before a year if they have teeth just to get them used to being there and having someone poing around in their mouth.
  • I've mostly heard around 2 years. Although I have heard 6 months after first teeth too. I'm not taking DS until he is at least 2. I don't see no need. Our family friend who is a dentist said they don't need to go until around 2 years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"