LGBT Parenting

We're calling it.

Cycle 9 TOD: 12:55 pm 7/28/12

Clomid is a big fat fail.  It made me not ovulate.  I ovulate just fine on my own, thankyouverymuch.

We were feeling so optimistic!  I had no side effects.  I felt fine.  My lining was good.  The nurse I spoke to told me I would probably ovulate a week after my last pill (CD 16).  On CD 13 I had 4 follicles at 13-14 mm.  On CD 16 I had 2 follicles at 13-15 mm.  Today I still had 2 follicles at 13-15 mm.  My estrogen is rising minimally and is well below what it should be at this point (78, up from 57 on Thursday).  The RE (not my own, someone else in the practice) said that based on the lack of follicle growth and the low estrogen, I am probably not going to ovulate and we should cancel the cycle.  She said it is very unusual for a woman who ovulates naturally to have this response.

So they are calling in Provera for me and I am back on the bench.  I have to talk to my RE next week about what to do next and I honestly have no idea what she's going to suggest.

UGH.  This is stupid.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: We're calling it.

• I'm really sorry you're having to deal with that.  I remember being there & just thinking, wow is it ever going to work?  It was either after our 9th or 10th IUI (Mel & I remember the # differently), that we finally broke down & agreed IVF was our next step.  Hopefully your RE has a good plan going forward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTaylorandMel:
    I'm really sorry you're having to deal with that.  I remember being there & just thinking, wow is it ever going to work?  It was either after our 9th or 10th IUI (Mel & I remember the # differently), that we finally broke down & agreed IVF was our next step.  Hopefully your RE has a good plan going forward.

Thanks T&M.  You know, I was totally prepared for it not to work in the sense of not getting pregnant (I was already thinking of how many Clomid cycles we'd do before moving on), but it never occurred to me that this would happen.  The people I know who have had a poor response to Clomid were people who didn't ovulate on their own in the first place -- I thought since I ovulated on my own, I would SUPER-OVULATE on Clomid.  Ha ha ha.

Since I just started meds we'll probably give it a few more cycles (of some kind of medicated IUI, likely not Clomid!), depending on what my RE thinks.  But yeah, IVF doesn't appear to be too far down the road right now.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Loading the player...
  • I know I said it already, but I know well how much it sucks and I'm sorry you're dealing with this. 
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • JGYJGY member

I'm so sorry.  I totally understand the disappointment and frustration.  Especially after feeling optimistic! 

I hope your RE develops a good plan that you are comfortable with, and that works for you soon.

GL! 

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• I'm so sorry this happened. I hope your RE comes up with a new plan that will get you that BFP you deserve. 
    Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/
  • tdmklmtdmklm member

ASKJFASKJFLAJSFLKAJSFLKJASLKGFLKASJGLKAH

I'm sorry. Stupid Clomid. 

• LV1979LV1979 member
    Booo uggg!!!
    We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • I am so sorry! I hope your RE has a good plan for next steps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was in your shoes not very long ago. IUI #10 was finally the winner. Dont give up, just keep trucking!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks, everyone.  I'm pleased to say we are on vacation this week and have escaped to Maine, which is just what we need right now.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• I hope you have a great vacation in Maine and that this next cycle will bring you your BFP.
  • hlkehlke member
    Sorry this cycle and clomid are a bust!  Some people just have weird drug responses, but grrrrrrrrrr.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Augh! That's just rubbish. I am so sorry to hear this. 
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• How completely shitty. Sometimes I think these doctors do more harm than good...
    IUI #1 (50 mg clomid and ovidrel) - BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg clomid and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IUI #3 (Gonal-f and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IVF #1 - 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 15 fertilized (ICSI), 2 d5 blasts transferred, 8 frozen - c/p
    FET #1 - BFFN
    FET #2 - BFN? c/p? Either way no baby
    FET #3 - No shock...BFN
    FET #4 - BFN :-(
    Surgery and TTC cancelled - pursuing surrogacy
    7/31/12 Surrogate got a +HPT!!!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"