Nurseries and Baby Gear

Cloth diapering - How to dispose?

So DH and I are seriously considering doing cloth diapers, or at least doing a trial run for the first month or so to see how they work out.  My question is, there's a diaper Genie for disposable diapers, but is there some kind of contraption that dirty cloth diapers go into between washings that holds in the smell, or do they just go in a regular old diaper pail?  I've seen the wet/dry bags, but those seem more for travel purposes than regular day-to-day.  Thanks!

Re: Cloth diapering - How to dispose?

• I use a large planetwise hanging wetbag for day-to-day diaper changes. It hangs behind the door around the door knob. I like this option, because it reduces the amount of stuff in the nursery. I was going to try using a dry pail, but the ladies in my area who cloth diaper said it was just easier to use a hanging wetbag at home. They do a great job at holding in the smell, and I even keep mine unzipped most of the time! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use a large hanging wetbag too. I keep mine open 100% of the time, no smells. Air circulation actually keeps the odor away. The Cloth Diapering board here has a great FAQ page you should check out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejennyann28:
    I use a large hanging wetbag too. I keep mine open 100% of the time, no smells. Air circulation actually keeps the odor away. The Cloth Diapering board here has a great FAQ page you should check out. 

Thanks, I'll post over there, too (not sure why I didn't in the first place??).  Thanks a lot ladies, it seems like the bags might be the way to go.  I think the smell was what was throwing me off of those, but it sounds like that's pretty much a non-issue.   

• I use a large wet bag inside of a white trash can with pop up lid. That way, te whole bag goes in the washer, but e trash can keeps the bathroom smelling normal.
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I use a wet bag and throw it in the wash with the diapers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • A friend of mine uses the Diaper Dekor with a wet bag (instead of the DD disposal bags) and she has had no smell issues. I plan to try the same system.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have a step trash can from simplehuman with a locking lid -- wasn't sure if the dog would be interested in the diaper pail or not ...  turns out he isn't, but the lock comes in handy if for some reason I need to roll the trash can anywhere.

I have two Kissaluvs pail liners. They have a fabric tag on the inside, and I put a few drops of essential oils on it -- eucalyptus, lavender and tea tree.

We've had no issues with smell, although I do hear that can change once LO starts on solid foods. IMHO, disposables smell worse than cloth diapers.

• I use Planet Wise wet bags and hang them on the handle of his closet door. The bag is always open, but he's EBF, and there is no smell (as of yet!) Then I turn the bag inside out and throw it in the wash with the dipes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"