Health & Exercise

Vent - Baby Weight

Hey, So this is more to vent actually because I've been up all night crying because of it. So i got married like a year ago and was at 135 lbs. well now I'm 22 weeks prego and am at a 175 lb mark. I guess what's really upsetting me is that my husband constantly mentions how fat I'm getting. So I spoke to him about it .. and his response is "it's not just you, its both of us" and constantly goes on about it. So I brought it up again just a few days ago and told him, until the baby's born - to not mention it, because its a touchy subject and it's been getting me really down!! :( . Yeah well in that meantime I've spoken with his mom who begins the conversation with "since you have a heavy pregnancy" and refers to everything with "i mean you are on the heavier side". well I guess now I can't take it. I can't hard core work out to lose this now and he's not freaking pregnant with someone growing inside him. I've already been getting pretty dizzy lately and extremely exhausted. This issue is killing me and is really stressing me out...any advice? Please??? 

Re: Vent - Baby Weight

• Tell them to STFU. Seriously.

Eat healthy and continue moderate exercise to keep yourself healthy for you and your baby. You can focus on losing the weight after the baby is born.

ETA: Also, realize that much of the weight gain could be water weight and some ladies gain more/less in different stages of pg. I gained steadily throughout my pg, while my sister didn't gain much at all in her 3rd tri (she gained lots in the 2nd).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I would cuss both of them out!  how very inconsiderate.  I remember how sensitive I was to weight gain....started at 133 and went to 209!  strangers would tell me i was having twins and at my baby shower my mom pulled a photo of me and dh out that was taken the day of our wedding and said "I have this out so she can remember what she use to look like" WFT!!  My mom had made some comments durning my pregnancy but NEVER my DH.  He always assured me that I looked amazing because I was carrying his child.  He even called my mom up to let her know i was very sensitive about it and to try not to make comments.  I don't think you have gained that much as compared to me and it really doesn't matter because it will come off if you work at it as hard as i did.  I have lost 80 lbs since DD's birth
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • People are gonna be saying crap like that til you give birth if not afterwards! I only gained 22lbs & people still gave me looks & rude comments. But, yeah, as PP said, tell them to STFU!! Your DH should respect you more than that.
  • Wow, I would be LIVID!!! I gained a lot w/ DD and I'm really trying to hold off on gaining as much this time around (luckily I craved protein instead of carbs the first half on first trimester this time around, w/ DD I craved mac & cheese and pizza ONLY, lol). I also have fibroids that like quadruple in size during pregnancy on the outside of my uterus. When I was about 5 months pregnant, I had a lady at work tell me "Oh, you're not gonna be able to fit in the bathroom stall pretty soon". I didn't know how to respond to that w/o slapping her so I walked away really fast. People are so DUMB, don't they realize that pregnancy doesn't give them a right to take off their verbal filter!?

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • I am so sorry that you had people saying those things to you..esp your hubby and MIL. The best advice I ever got in dealing with my MIL when I have an issue with my DH, is to NOT even bring it up. I don't tell my MIL any issue I have with her son because in her eyes he's always going to be right and it doesn't matter what he says. But, when she's not around I would definitely give him a piece of my mind.

I think you did the right thing by telling him to just not say anything at all. He now needs to say something to his mom about speaking to you like that. And if he doesn't or she continues, you need to tell her to shut up. :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes

Seriously, I would punch him in the face.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"