Dads & Dads-to-be

Daddy gift

I'd like to get my husband a gift for when the baby is born. He isn't super sentimental, but I'd still like to do something nice for him since he put up with me and my pregnancy hormones for 9 months. Do you dads have any gift ideas? Thanks!

Re: Daddy gift

• <---Big time lurker

here guys, lemme save you the trouble

This has already been posted on this board. 92% of the answers were "Really? I think you're gonna be pretty busy birthing a child. The baby you're giving him is a pretty sweet gift enough"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • To be honest, from also lurking on this board, I would post this on the tri boards. Many women have done this for their SO and the Dads aren't big fans of the women coming to this board to ask questions. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethelaststraw05:

imagephq2011:
    the Dads aren't big fans of the women coming to this board to ask questions. 

This actually isn't true.

We have an entire thread, which is stickied at the top of the board, so that women can ask questions of the dads. They are almost universally answered quickly and respectfully. https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67183235.aspx

However, the guys can get a little bit rowdy when the same question is asked time after time. We have a thread that was active as of two days ago where this very question was asked. As has been noted, the question was kind of mocked. I don't think that new mothers expect their husbands to give them a present when they are in labor, why should the father (who is doing little work at this point) expect a present?

This thread provides all the combined wisdom of the men on the topic of presents to your baby daddy. https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/67282042.aspx

The conclusion is: don't, but if you do a flask is nice. Alternately, a handheld game machine (like a gameboy or PSP) may keep him occupied during his stay at the hospital when you're not crushing his hand and crying out in pain. 

Oh there you go being all nice and helpful. Geez. Wink

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"