Success after IF

PCOS Gals

My BFF has recently undergone some IF related testing, and I am under the impression that she may have (lean) PCOS. PCO was part of my initial IF dx (DH also has severe MFI), but my RE has recently diagnosed me with DOR. I am not going to rely on my own experiences to offer any hypothesis as to what type of treatment she may need to conceive. For any of you willing to share, what types of treatment did those of you with PCOS (and no MFI) have success with? 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

Re: PCOS Gals

• It took multiple ivfs for me, but my Re suspects that I may have an egg quality issue as well.  Apparently, I don't stim like a typical pcos person.
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Femara + trigger for DD (1 cycle)
    Femara + trigger (3 cycles - none worked) 
    Femara + menopur + trigger for current pregnancy (3 cycles, got pregnant on the last one)

The "good" part is that I stim quickly, so between that and using Femara in combination with menopur, I only had to do 3-4 days with 75 iu menopur.  I got 1-3 follicles each time (generally 1-2).  

I am not insulin resistant, so my RE said that the current literature indicates that metformin is not as helpful in non-IR patients as once thought (there is a lot of info on the internet about metformin helping a wide spectrum of PCOS patients).   
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the helpful responses ladies. 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• I had my son after 4 rounds of clomid and 2 iuis. I was in 500mg met (IR PCOS). Now, as we TTc again, I am on 1500mg met and also clomid+trigger. 

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • It took 3 cycles of Clomid+trigger+TI and 3 cycles of Femara+trigger+IUI to conceive DS.  I didn't respond well to Clomid but I had 2-3 follies on each of my Femara cycles.  I am not IR so my RE didn't think I needed Metformin. 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was on Met. I did 1 round femara, dex, 5 days follistim, trigger, IUI. 2nd round was 26 days follistim and trigger, no iui. We got pregnant on the 2nd round.
    I'm 29. DH is 29. 
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    DX= PCOS and Annovulatory
    Cycle #1- Failed IUI 5/12
    Cycle #2- Injectibles and TI- BFP 7/13/12. Due 3/2/13
    DS born at 31w3d on 1/19/13
    For this Child I Prayed...
  • I needed 3 rounds of Clomid. I was also taking Metformin.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have severe PCOS and very bad egg quality. 

After 3 failed attempts with IUI and follistim, we went to IVF. The last round of follistim (with IUI) I took shots for 19 days and only produced one very bad quality egg, so the doctor cancelled. 

My stims with IVF were 14 days of 450iu of follistim/gonal f, cetrotide, and menopur. Then I triggered with HCG. I was able to produce 11 eggs, 5 of them were able to be fertilised. (I guess women on that much medication end up producing like 30 eggs!!) We transferred 2 lil guys, froze 3, and I am now 5 months pregnant from our first attempt. :)

Good luck!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• For #1 we did 3 rounds of clomid with TI, 3 rounds of clomid with IUI and one IVF.  All of those failed and the cycle after the failed IVF we got a surprise BFP.

For #2, we tried on our own for 9 months and I never ovulated.  We then got pregnant on our second round of clomid and TI.

After a loss at 13wks and years dealing with IF and failed treatments (3 failed IUI and 1 failed IVF), we have been blessed with DS (surprise BFP) and now his little sister (2nd round of clomid and TI) on her way. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • With my first, we were successful on our second round of clomid and IUI.  This pregnancy was a complete surprise and unmedicated.  
  • Metformin and a little weight loss helped me get my cycles back. Without the medicine, I wouldn't have lost 35 pounds, and I highly doubt I'd have gotten my cycle back. Beyond that, I used BBT charting and timed intercourse once I finally did get my cycles back. Took about 15 months to get pregnant after that.
  • I was not insulin resistant. I really only had the ovulation issues (lack of ovulating). Clomid did not work for me and it made me very sick. Femara didn't initially work, but did on the higher dose to get me to ovulate. I ended up doing and IUI and Femara which resulted in DD.
  • Multiple rounds of IUI with injectables. Clomid did nothing for me - and then it took awhile for my RE to figure out how to get a few (1-2) really good dominant follies without stimulating like 6 of them at a time.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"