Babies on the Brain

New here

Hi! I am new. I just married my sweetheart of 7 years two weeks ago tomorrow. I am 35 years old and have been feeling the urge to have a baby for some time now. My husband wants kids as well, and is so good with our friends/family kids we do see so I know he will be a great dad. However, he isn't ready to begin trying. I know how I can be-I'm a whirlwind, talking up 10 zillion things I want to do at once and stressing him out at the same time.

On our flight back from the HM, I broached the topic of pregnancy and was kinda surprised he wanted to wait. I say kinda because on one hand, I know I overwhelm him and he needs to transition from one phase to another regardless of what the topic is (drinks to dinner vs proposal to marriage). But on the other I am THIRTY FIVE YEARS OLD and I thought it was a given we'd start trying as soon as we landed from HM! 

Am I wrong to think this way? Are any of you in the same situation as me? If so, how are you handling things? Last think I want to do is rush him into anything. I KNOW we will have a family soon, I just am not sure if I am rushing into the next chapter or if this is normal, to take each phase and move through it with time.  

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
TTC #1 since October 2012
BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

Re: New here

• I would give him some time, maybe 6 months and bring it up again.  He sounds like he needs time to process each major event that happens in his life before the next one happens.  If you try to push him into it before he is ready, he may just end up resenting you and it will strain your marriage. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecowgirltu:
    I would give him some time, maybe 6 months and bring it up again.  He sounds like he needs time to process each major event that happens in his life before the next one happens.  If you try to push him into it before he is ready, he may just end up resenting you and it will strain your marriage. HTH!

I think that cowgirl hit it on the head and that is what I would have recommended  as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMsCraftsy:

imagecowgirltu:
    I would give him some time, maybe 6 months and bring it up again.  He sounds like he needs time to process each major event that happens in his life before the next one happens.  If you try to push him into it before he is ready, he may just end up resenting you and it will strain your marriage. HTH!

I think that cowgirl hit it on the head and that is what I would have recommended  as well.

It stinks to have to wait, but you can't push it.  Your dh may surprise you once things settles down. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome!

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"