Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Zipcar moms - recommend your carseat

We live downtown a major city and do not own a car. We mostly walk and take public transit everywhere, but we will need a car seat for the occasional zipcar and rental car trip once DD arrives. We have decided to get an infant seat rather than a convertible since it is more portable and easier to store in our tiny apartment, but beyond that I'm pretty clueless. What carseat would you recommend that is easy to install quickly in a wide range of car models? Which ones do you find very inconvenient? Thanks

Re: Zipcar moms - recommend your carseat

• Options
    I have only ever installed a Chicco keyfit in our own car (new ford focus) but it is pretty easy with or without the base. I think it should work well with a lot of the smaller cars in the zip car fleet. Around my city, the cars tend to be Prius and focus and the like, so you will bd able to do a latch or belt install as you want.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options

If you still are going to do an infant seat, a neighbor of mine in NYC had a britax infant bucket and that thing was the easiest thing I've ever installed. Just pop the base onto the LATCHes and turn a knob to tighten. I had a graco that had seemed very easy to install until I did the britax.

I will say, though, that I've seen very few kids last a full year before hitting either the height or the weight limits on an infant seat. My oldest was too tall by 8 months, the younger one by 6 months. I'm not positive I'll bother pulling it out for #3.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The maxi cosi mico is easy to install without the base. I think m ost of them are. 

If you decide to go for a convertible seat, I reccomend the Combi coccoro. I know zip cars tend to be smaller and the coccoro is great in small cars. I have one in a mini cooper. It is also lightweight and easy to transport.  

• Options
    Chicago key fit is very easy to install. When traveling, I just installed it with the seatbelt and it was simple. It also has a very small footprint so it is good in small cars. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    I would look at the Combi Coccoro convertible seat. It fits infants well, fits most kids rear facing until 2, is narrow and I believe is a fairly simple install once you've done it a few times. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"