Adoption

Trying to blog...

I don't know about you, but I'm struggling to process all of the emotions I'm experiencing right now.  After keeping our infertility struggles, countless doctor visits, and heartbreak to ourselves, we've decided to open up more about our adoption.  I've found some amazing blogs about adoption, but it seems like most of them are by moms who have already adopted their kiddo.  They've definitely shined a light on questions I have and helped me prepare for some potential "things" (conversations with our kiddo, strangers, interacting with the birth mom, etc.).  I'm finding blogging to be incredibly therapeutic, and after I've written a post I often find that I've articulated something previously vague.  My husband and I are having great discussions as a result.  Maybe I'll see if I can get him to blog!  ;)  Wherever you are at in your adoption journey, I highly recommend blogging - don't forget, you can make it private so just you have access to it, or you can give access to certain people.  It's nice to have a little control right now, even if it's just over the color of your font.  :)  Here's my blog if you want to check it out - leave a comment on the blog if you do!  I'd love to hear from you.  

https://justthecraziestthing.blogspot.com/ 

[Poll]

Re: Trying to blog...

• IRRIRR member
    Not seeing the link to your blog, but would love to read it.  So many great ladies here have blogs that I enjoy reading.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• There's a post a few down from here that lists a lot of our blogs that hopefull you can find helpful!
    :::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • IRRIRR member
    OK, you made me laugh.  So many of the same things you went through, we did too.  Just one thing I wanted to let you know.  CT is an agency only state as well, but we are using a lawyer.  Now that we have identified our BM, we are using an agency from her state so that she gets the proper counseling that is required and we are meeting our states requirements of using an agency.  Just wanted to throw that out there for you.  Best of luck on your adoption journey, I look forward to reading your blog.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• I've been asked by a few friends if I plan to blog through our adoption journey. I'm currently toying with the idea. I also have a website for work so a blog may be too much for me to keep up. We shall see.

I say, blogging is a great idea :)

• Thanks!  I'm curious about how you identified your BM - did you lawyer connect you or did you already know the BM?  (designated adoption!?)  You're opening up a whole new world here!  :)
  • It's been pretty amazing.  I know we're going to be paying for therapy, but this is already helping me to start working through some things.  Since you already maintain a website as a job, I can see how blogging could be more work-like.  Right now my goal is post one new entry a week, but I know that when school starts it'll probably be like 1 or 2 a month.  If you start a blog, let me know!  I would love to read it!

p.s. You have the BEST profile name ever.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"