High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

nifedipine = excessive bleeding?

I was in hospital bedrest for nearly four weeks for a short cervix and some cx... and am now home... I nicked my arm, a TINY cut, somehow in my sleep last night and this morning my bed looked like a murder scene. then the scab came off in the shower this morning, and it bled for half an hour, so fast it was dripping. I mean, it's seriously like the size of pinhead and it bled like that. I'm going to talk to my dr about it on Tuesday, but has anyone experienced anything like this? now I'm afraid I'll bleed to death during my c section or something! :/
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nifedipine = excessive bleeding?

• Options

Wow. I'm on nifedipine too and this honestly scares me. I haven't cut myself while taking it, though I have had blood drawn and didn't notice any unusually heavy bleeding... I have low bp to begin with but I'm on it to stop preterm labor. Is that why you're taking it too?

I have had 2 pp hemmorhages so this really freaks me out. Please update and let us know what the Dr. says!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, I just noticed you said you're on it for short cervix. What is cx?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I called.and the nurse said its not the nifedipine. she said if it continues like this all weekend I should go to the er, but it feels so dumb to go for something the size of a pin prick. she's not concerned about how much I'm bleeding, so that's good. I'm going to make my dr run a platelet count on Tuesday if I don't have to be seen before then. if its not one thing, it's another!
  • Options
    imagelucy460:

imagejellolz:
    I called.and the nurse said its not the nifedipine. she said if it continues like this all weekend I should go to the er, but it feels so dumb to go for something the size of a pin prick. she's not concerned about how much I'm bleeding, so that's good. I'm going to make my dr run a platelet count on Tuesday if I don't have to be seen before then. if its not one thing, it's another!

I'm glad you called. If it's not the Rx, I would be worried that you are developing HELLP, which is what I had and which makes your platelet count drop. I think a platelet count is a good idea. Also, remember that you wouldn't be going to the ER for a pinprick, but for what's coming OUT of the pinprick. Keep us posted. :)

HELLP is exactly what I'm afraid of. I have no swelling, no headaches, no other symptoms. I'll def go if I have any other red flags. 

• Options
    Glad you called. I agree with pp, it's what's coming OUT of the pin prick!
  • Options
    called l&d bc it started again. not a single symptom of HELLP but the bleeding. she said if I have ANY other symptoms to come in, but that you can have low platelets without HELLP. she made me feel way better than the nurse at my OB did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"