February 2013 Moms
Options

birthing center/tub not an option for me :(

so bummed..so my insurance (Kaiser here in CA..one of many)...they have their own Kaiser Hospitals two fairly close to us..anyway....none have any type of ammenities to service some type of water birth or at least let moms use a birthing tub and only one of the two uses midwives......so bummed the only option for me is a total "hospital" birth..no birthing center, tubs etc...One other hospital I love has these capabilities but it isn't a Kaiser hospital so I cant go there :/ blah...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: birthing center/tub not an option for me :(

• Options
    My friend recently gave birth at Kaiser, and she was also hoping for a water birth. She did get a midwife, but she was very happy with how everything turned out. They were very good at working with her birth plan. She was very happy with the overall experience. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry your disappointed in your lack of water both choice. I had my DD at Kaiser in So CA and I believe it is one of the two you have as an option. (We were at the one with the mid wifes) Even without those options their staff is very friendly and great at making sure you are comfortable, happy and well taken care of. They also have showers to if you want to use water to reduce pain or relax that it possible. And all of their rooms are private for both delivery and recovery and that is one thing I really loved about them. I am really bummed I won't be able to deliver this LO there because I had a fantastic birth experience with them. We moved to the east coast that's why I can't have new LO there. Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions about the Kaiser hospitals and I can do my best to put my mind at ease. they also have a great tour you can go on to see the room and stuff before delivery but that's more of a thing I would suggest in 3rd tri.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"