LGBT Parenting

Friday Fluff

Most embarrassing concert you have been to.....go!

I guess I should fess up - Tiffany with New Kids on the Block as openers.  We had no idea who they were when we heard who was opening. I think a few of us met them at their tour bus for attempts to get autographs or something too. I fear that telling you all this confirms that I am old.

Re: Friday Fluff

• The only "real" concert I've been to is Dave Matthews, not something I'm embarrassed to admit.  I used to be a raver, do raves count as concerts?
  • imagebutterflygrooves:
    The only "real" concert I've been to is Dave Matthews, not something I'm embarrassed to admit.  I used to be a raver, do raves count as concerts?

Sure...are you embarrassed about them?  Big Smile

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know that I'm really embarrassed about any of the concerts I've been to...  I haven't been to one in years, but was pretty in to it in high school/early college.  My first concert was Bush, which I guess is mildly embarrassing.  I've seen Eve 6, Smashing Pumpkins, Goo Goo Dolls, and Tori Amos all multiple times.  Oooh, I just  came up with an embarrassing one - Cheryl Wheeler.  Ha.  I bought the tix as a surprise for dw and we got there and it was a huge auditorium at a community college and I think we brought the average age of the room down a good decade or so.  But we had fun anyways.  Bodeans was a pretty similar experience, but with the added amusement of a room full of midwesterners in Manhattan.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • I have only been to a few concerts and I am not embarassed about any of them. Maybe confused as to why I ended up at one or two...

Indigo Girls (like the only time they have played in my hometown was when I had just graduated HS and it was awesome.)

Zwan, I do not even know who they are. My best friend dragged me there with free tickets and it was in a smoke filled bar and we left half way through.

Bowling for Soup was awesome. It was at the same place as the Zwan concert but the smoking ban had been passed in OH so it was much better.

Some singer a girl I was dating loved that was like super old. I should know the name of her since she was fairly popular but I cannot for the life of me think of it. I had no interest in the concert *cough, cough*

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKershnic:
    I don't know that I'm really embarrassed about any of the concerts I've been to...  I haven't been to one in years, but was pretty in to it in high school/early college.  My first concert was Bush, which I guess is mildly embarrassing.  I've seen Eve 6, Smashing Pumpkins, Goo Goo Dolls, and Tori Amos all multiple times.  Oooh, I just  came up with an embarrassing one - Cheryl Wheeler.  Ha.  I bought the tix as a surprise for dw and we got there and it was a huge auditorium at a community college and I think we brought the average age of the room down a good decade or so.  But we had fun anyways.  Bodeans was a pretty similar experience, but with the added amusement of a room full of midwesterners in Manhattan.

I don't think Bush is embarrassing.  And Tori is my most favorite ever... (which is why I take the liberty of calling her by her first name only). 

• Growing up I was a dancer (like classical ballet, tap, jazz).  I started this when I was 2 and continued until 21.  I only tell you this as it adds (I think) to why the following are embarrassing...When you compete in dance the songs your instructor picks are poppy and when you are in the studio 5 days a week it can really influence your taste in music.  From the ages of 17 to 20ish I attended the following.

NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Christina (prior to X-Tina think Genie in a Bottle), 98 degrees etc.  I was such a boy band groupie *shakes head in shame* It was the Robyn concert that made me realize I could no longer be a boy band groupie...

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I've lost count of all the concerts I've been to but none embarrass me.  I've seen Tiffany twice as an adult.  Once she played a free outdoor concert at my college and the second one was at pride a few years ago.  I might only be embarrassed to admit that if I had actually paid to see her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hlkehlke member

I don't think I've been to a truly embarrassing concert, but I can tell you about my most embarrassing moment at a concert.

Before I was out (to myself, to anyone) I was still REALLY into your typical lesbian music.  I grew up near Northampton, MA, and my not-yet-out-to-himself-or-others gay best friend and I used to frequent concerts in Northampton in high school and early college.  At the time I worked at a newspaper in my very small town, and one of the other reporters was a lesbian but not out at work and seemed to not want anyone to know.  (I knew)  Anyway, I basically ran into her at three concerts in a row - Ani DiFranco, Indigo GIrls, and Melissa Ferrick.  When I ran into her at Melissa Ferrick she pretty much saw me and made a beeline in the other direction, as if me seeing her at a Melissa Ferrick concert was just TOO MUCH.

At the time, I was embarrassed myself (will she think I'm gay?), and embarrassed on her behalf because she was so clearly uncomfortable. I think now we could have a good laugh about it...I think it's so funny she was worried I'd "find her out" instead of realizing that I was totally busted too.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • tdmklmtdmklm member
    I haven't gone to a whole lot of concerts... None I've gone to really embarrasses me. Now I'll have to seek something out on purpose so I can share. Smile
  • Peter, Paul, and Mary. But I am not ashamed. I LOVE Peter, Paul, and Mary was devastated when Mary got sick and they stopped touring.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Hmm...I can't think of any that are particularly embarrassing. I saw a lot of country shows in my younger days...Vince Gill, Randy Travis, Martina McBride, Reba. All were good at the time. And I still <3 me some Martina.
  • well its embarrassing now .. but then it was cool .. and it was DEBBIE GIBSON - Ok gonna hide now !!! But it was cool when i was 9 ish ... but i find it very embarrassing now !
    - 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • hlkehlke member

image2brides:
    Peter, Paul, and Mary. But I am not ashamed. I LOVE Peter, Paul, and Mary was devastated when Mary got sick and they stopped touring.

Oh yeah, I love them too and have seen them in concert!  They weren't even in the running for embarrassing though.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • imagehlke:

image2brides:
    Peter, Paul, and Mary. But I am not ashamed. I LOVE Peter, Paul, and Mary was devastated when Mary got sick and they stopped touring.

Oh yeah, I love them too and have seen them in concert!  They weren't even in the running for embarrassing though.

That sounds fun!  I didn't see them, but I wouldn't consider it embarrassing.  :)  This thread is reminding me of all kinds of concerts I've been to and forgotten about - like I just remembered Bob Dylan.   Not that that is embarrassing, just that I had completely forgotten I went!

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"