February 2013 Moms
Options

Spotting and a little worried...

Hi Ladies. I know people post this all the time, but I feel like getting this out and seeing some responses will make me feel better. I am about 9 weeks, and since Tuesday evening I've been noticing whenever I wipe my discharge is brownish. My first and only appt was 7/17 and we saw the heartbeat and everything was fine. I haven't had sex or done anything particularly strenuous since this weekend. I look very closely and it has yet to be red. I keep telling myself I don't need to call the doctor unless it is red...but I may call in the morning anyway. Have any of you experienced light brown spotting that was no big deal? Thanks so much!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Spotting and a little worried...

• Options
    I forgot to mention, I had been experiencing some mild nausea pretty consistently, and since Monday I have felt pretty much fine! Which is not helping to ease my mind.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have been spotting on and off my whole pregnancy so far.  I actually did again yesterday.  Of course, if it gets red or has clots call the dr asap or go to the E.R.  Other than that if it is just brown, I would not worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My discharge has been brownish all this week too. I am finding baby with the doppler no problem though, so I'm assuming everything is ok in there. I also have an SCH, so that could likely be the cause for me. I wouldn't worry, but a call to your Dr can't hurt. That is what they are there for 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard it's nothing to worry about, but a call to the Dr. can't hurt and it will probably help you rest a bit more easy too!
  • Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member

imagemylittlemegan:
    I've heard it's nothing to worry about, but a call to the Dr. can't hurt and it will probably help you rest a bit more easy too!

This!  I'm sure you'll feel better if you call, but my internet stranger opinion is that you're probably fine!  Are you drinking lots of water?  Get some rest and drink some water and call in the morning!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have bled and spotted every time that I have been pregnant.  It always turned out to be fine and coming from my cervix.  Actually, this pregnancy, it lasted for about a month.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your encouraging words! I was completely NOT super stressed about this...until I called this morning. The nurse I spoke to kinda sucked. I appreciate her concern, but she made me feel like a complete idiot for not calling sooner. She got all uppity and said, "You've had 72 hours of spotting and no one has been notified?!" No one at that office told me to call the second I have spotting! So, she put me on hold, got my chart, and told me to come in at 11:45 today for an ultrasound. I must say I am relieved to get a definitive answer today. However, this woman's reaction had me in tears. I asked her, while crying, what the big deal was, and she just said, "Spotting after 6 weeks is not always normal. Crying isn't going to help anything. Take a shower, breathe, and come in at 11:45" in this like, really snarky tone! I plan to complain about her to the doctor today. All she had to do was say, "Our policy here is to check on any spotting right away, so we're gonna get you in here today" and not be such a b*tch!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Just got back from my appt...everything is FINE. Doctor saw no cause for concern. Got to see an extra sneak peek at the baby, I had my first ultrasound 10 days ago, it already looks so much different! Thanks everyone for helping me not freak out. I will now pay it forward by letting other concerned mommies know about my spotting experience. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"