High-Risk Pregnancy

GD and eating out

I'm dying to eat out today for dinner. Any suggestions for 30ish carbs? I had a Joey Jr. Burrito from Moes last week (34 carbs, whole wheat burrito, chicken, beans, veggies, no rice), which gave me reading of 130 1 hour post.  
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD and eating out

• Things I have done well with: 2 crunchy taco Supremes at Taco Bell, Chipotle salad (no dressing, just salsa), Chick Fil A nuggets dipped in Buffalo sauce w/side salad, Chick Fil A chicken strips salad w/ ranch (no croutons), several Mediterranean restaurants where I have lots of meat, some veggies or salad, and a little bit or rice or bulger. In all honesty I just haven't eaten out a ton, but I am conservative when I do.
  • Depends on where you want to eat...eating fast food is harder but can be done. I often get a burger and don't eat the top bun.  Also many places you can have a side salad instead of fries.

Eating a sit down place is much easier due to the fact of more choices so you can have your protein, fruit, veggies, and grain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :) I've been looking at nutrition facts online and haven't seen a ton of options at the big chains. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow... looking at Wendy's salads. All of them are 40 + carbs. Who knew!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'd have a hard time with 30, but since I go up to 60 for meals it's surprisingly easy! I believe Wendy's chili is around 30, I had it as a snack quite a bit a while back.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • This is not dinner related, but on the topic of eating out, I get a great reading with McDonald's Egg McMuffins with sausauge or candadian bacon. Exactly 30 carbs. Yay for people on the go.
  • I am a huge Mcdonalds fry junkie..I can get a cheeseburger and small fry, and ditch the bun for 30 carbs. If you have a subway, a 6" on their whole wheat or italian white is just around 30 carbs (without any of the sweet sauces) and you can customize your sandwich on their website and see exactly what you're getting. Like someone else mentioned, Taco Bell crunchy tacos are good..I think they're 13 carbs each  (the Doritos Locos ones, which are amazing, are only 12..not sure why 1 less but I'll take it and love it!). Panera is good, as someone else mentioned, b.c their website has customizable nutritional info so you know exactly what you get, and they have a pick 2 so you can have a 1/2 portion of a sandwich if you're really craving one.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• All great ideas guys! I found that Red Robin has the tavern double burger for 31 carbs. I could ditch half the bun and have a couple fries or sub a veggie for the fries. Yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• jw87jw87 member
    I recently went to red lobster and could eat crab legs (2 carbs for the butter, which I usually only use half), salad (around 6 carbs for the ranch dressing) and then choose where to spend the rest of my carbs because it was so low!  Almost all chains have their info. online.

I don't eat out a lot, but maybe once a week we do.

And if I'm really in a hurry, 3 hard taco supremes from taco bell are only 45 carbs and fills me up! 
  • Me too! That's how I normally roll  as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"