High-Risk Pregnancy

GD Mamas- Rec your "go to foods"

In preparation of potentially failing my 3 hour tomorrow, I'm making my weekly grocery list... and I completely forget what my "go to" meals and snacks were when I had GD with DS1....

This pregnancy all I want is sweets (opposite of my last pg!)... so I am really at a loss as to what to snack on and what meals to make that will satisfy my cravings but also be GD friendly!

TIA! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: GD Mamas- Rec your "go to foods"

• I'm no expert, but I'd recommend:

Cheese, peanut or nut butters, nuts - almonds, etc, greek yogurt, peanut butter/cracker packs or cheese/cracker packs, zone perfect bars or other protein bars, milk, eggs, fruit and veggies, chicken, whole wheat and low carb breads, crackers, wraps, pitas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For those chocolate/icecream cravings, I love Breyers Carb Smart Icecream Bars. They are only 9 carbs and really yummy. Good luck with your 3 hour!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I seriously understand. It was like I blocked all of this out the first time because when I was diagnosed this time my mind went blank.

Mine are: Orowheat Double Fiber Wheat bread, Sugarfree Jelly, natural pb, Sugarfree jello and pudding, High fiber Wheat thins, Cheese sticks, No sugar added instant bfast, Atkins bars.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Thanks ladies!  I also found some Quaker Crunchy granola bars that are <20g carbs as a snack, and sugar-free pudding that is 10g!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • A waffle with strawberry cream cheese :) 
  • albjagalbjag member

Healthy wise whole wheat/whole grain bred- 5 net carbs per slice

Breyers carb smart choc ice cream w/ spoonful of PB

I can't do carbs for breakfast-- so it's eggs.  sometimes I can do a smoothie.  I can't do cereal even if its within my carb allowance

Greek yogurt- sometimes flavored chobani, but have been trying plain oikos or fage with fruit- it's less carbs

String cheese, almonds, veggies, and I can do most fruit for lunch and snack

My usual lunch is PBJ or egg salad on low carb bread, taco salad w/ a few chips on top, grilled chicken with grilled veggies

I always have veggies and or a salad with my dinners.   I really have to watch my carbs- sometimes I even come in under my carb allowance but my numbers are too high- like the other day with pretzels for part of lunch.  

Dreamfields makes a low net carb pasta that sometimes I can get away with eating.  it tastes like normal pasta too

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"