May 2012 Moms
Options

Is this the promised peak in fussiness? (x-posted 0-3 months)

DD is 7.5 weeks old (8 on Saturday), but was born 8 days before her EDD, so according to books like HSHHC and the Wonder Weeks, she's technically 6.5ish weeks old.

Over the last few days her witching hours seem to have gotten worse (last night was particularly bad), so I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that this is the peak fussiness that's supposed to happen somewhere around 6 weeks from their EDD. I'm just so ready to get through to the other side of this - she's been somewhat cranky in general (I wouldn't say all out colicky, except for maybe last night) since waking up from the newborn 'stupor' at 2 or so weeks, but gets especially bad at night. I've been almost looking forward to this promised peak, just so we could get over it and move on to happier times already... Just wondering how true this was for anyone else who has experienced this - did your LO peak at around 6 weeks (based on their EDD)? How long did the peak last? When did you notice a real improvement?

TIA :) 

ETA - DD has also been having more trouble going to bed than before. She usually comes out of her witching hours before that, but then refuses to fall asleep until midnight or later! This has also been going on just over the last few days, and I'm wondering if it's tied to this supposed peak as well? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this the promised peak in fussiness? (x-posted 0-3 months)

• Options

Our LO was 1.5 weeks early but right on cue, the colic started at 3 weeks old. She was awful for several weeks and around week 7ish, she peaked. We survived it and by 8 weeks, there was a vast improvement. The fussiness tapered off pretty quickly for us. One day she was so miserable, then within a few days, it all seemed so much better. By 9- 10 weeks, we had a completely different child.

She is a dream kid now. (*Knock on wood) She doesn't hardly ever fuss now unless there is a legitimate reason (hungry, tired, wet diaper, etc.). She is all smiles and giggles now.

As for the sleeping, she used to be awake until 10 or 11 being upset/fussy. Now, she is asleep and tucked in bed - her crib - by 7:30 - 8PM. We got 8 hours in the first stretch last night, then another 3 hours. Not as good as some of the other ladies with sleeping through the night, but I will take it!

Hang in there, you are almost through the worst of it.

JenniAtlanta Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My daughter cried for 2+ hours per evening from 3 weeks till 6-ish weeks. Week 6 was BAD with fussiness, and week 7 was less fussy but bad in different ways - she wouldn't nap for anything, and wanted my boob in her mouth all the time or she'd scream.

Week 8 was 80% better, by week 9 she was like a totally different baby. Now she goes down for naps so easily and only fusses when she wants something- it's amazing :)

I hope this is the beginning of the end of fussiness for you. Hang in there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yesterday was 8 weeks for us and I actually saw a huge difference right away, it was weird. The last two weeks have been some EXTREME fussing, I mean my daughter has never been colicky but that's just because nursing solves her problems. She only ever wanted to nurse while awake and would fuss if she wasn't.

Well yesterday for the first time I read her a book, we laid on the playmat and looked at the animal mobile, sat and watched DH make dinner... she still did fuss here and there but it was a huge difference. I'm hoping the fussing continues downhill from here.

• Options
    Thanks, guys! This is all really encouraging :D I'm looking forward to whenever this phase passes... Tomorrow she'll be 8 weeks so I'm hopeful that we'll start going uphill soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"