Success after IF

Can I talk anything for my seasonal allergies when I'm pregnant?

I have a call in to my doctor about this but figured I would ask you all in case anyone had any ideas as well.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I talk anything for my seasonal allergies when I'm pregnant?

• lavrillavril member
    (lurking from IF) - When I was pregnant, my doc told me benedryl and zyrtec were safe.  Although anything with a "D" in the name (zyrtecD, clairitinD, etc) should NOT be taken during pregnancy.

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • My OB/GYN doesn't really recommend taking anything until after 1st tri. After that, she is ok with Benadryl and Zyrtec as PP mentioned. If we are fortunate enough to have success with our upcoming IVF cycle, I will definitely be getting in touch with her to see if anything else has been approved. My allergies make me MISERABLE if I don't take Allegra-D or Claritin-D daily. Hope you get some relief!

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I was told benadryl, Claritin, and sudafed are all ok. Same as someone else said though, no D versions.
    Failed IUI May 2010. Successful IVF w/ DE May 2011, miscarriage July 2011. Failed IVF w/ DE FET Nov 2011. Failed IVF w/ DE Feb 2012. Successful IVF w/ DE Apr 2012, EDD Jan 9, 2013 DD born Dec 18, 2012
  • My doctor allowed Claritin--I personally don't think it works as well as Allegra but it helps a little
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • My doctor is fine with claritin and benadryl.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In addition to claritin, zyrtec, and benadryl (only 1 at a time), my doctor also said sudafed in moderation once I was in the second tri
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor recommended that  I use a Neti pot. I love that it is natural. I found a beautiful one online https://www.sinussupport.com/. They also have great information on sinus care. I hope this helps.
  • My doctor cleared me for my standard zyrtec/sudafed combo, i have a chronic sinus and allergy problem so i take that anyway.  on my sheet it listed several others that are "safe" but each doc has their own philosophy. as the person above me posted I use neti pot/sinus rinse system and LOVE that too.  The worst for me is trying to deal with the headaches with only taking tylenol lol! 

• The squeeze bottle works a lot better for me than the neti pot, just fyi.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"