Success after IF
Options

XP Endo girls - a few questions

Hi ladies.  I hope it's okay that I post this here.  I thought I might get a few more success stories this way.

A little background to my questions - I've been ttc since Aug10, DX w/ unexplained IF, and am having autoimmune issues. I was DX w/ Hasimoto's thyroiditis, and now just tested + for Rheumatoid Factor. I also have issues w/ gluten and plan to get the genetic test done for Celiac (blood testing was -).

In light of all this autoimmune sh*t, my RE is concerned about possible endo as they can be related. I don't have any symptoms (pain, heavy periods, etc), but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything. So my questions:

1. How did you find out you had endo? Did you suspect it prior to a lap? Symptoms? How far into your fertility journey were you when you had the lap?

2. Do you have any autoimmune issues? If so, which ones and what stage is/was your endo?

3. What treatment did you pursue after your lap?  How long after your sugery/treatment did you conceive?

Thank you all in advance for your help!!

PGAL/PAL welcome
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
My Ovulation Chart
3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi

Re: XP Endo girls - a few questions

• Options
    I was dx with endo through a lap (that's really the only way to dx it).  I didn't have any symptoms except a LOT of spotting btwn AFs.  My RE did a lap b/c I'd already had 2 failed Clomid cycles, 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs.  I had stage II/III endo and it was removed, and then I got pg on my next cycle (but m/c).  I don't necessarily attribute the pg to the endo removal though, and my RE doesn't necessarily either.  I do have Hashimotos thyroid, HOWEVER, about 10% of the female population has a thyroid problem and 80% of those have Hashimotos...so don't read too much into that.  It couldn't hurt to rule things out, but no one really knows what causes endo.

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1.  Found out via a Lap.   I did suspect it prior to my Lap as I had irregular cycles with a lot of pain around AF and O.   The lap was done just over the 1 year mark, as part of my infertility testing with my RE.

2. No AI issues.

3. We started from the beginning and worked up - 2 failed Clomid + TI cycles (one canceled from thin lining), 2 failed IUIs with injectibles.  Lap was in Oct 2009 and we went right to treatments, so took a break to consider IVF and cost in March.  I still charted and we tried on our own....got a surprise BFP in April that was a chemical pregnancy, but it gave us enough hope to push IVF back until Fall 2010.  Because of my messed up cycles, I only had 3 cycles before starting BCPs for IVF, which resulted in our BFP for DS.  It was a year exactly if you count from surgery date to retrieval and fertilization date.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lavrillavril member

Thank you ladies for sharing.  Because I don't have the classical symptoms, I never even considered this as a real possibility.   I know there isn't a direct causal link between AI issues and endo, but the correlation defn grabbed my attention. 

Thanks again!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options

1) I didn't know anything about endo before my OB suggested that that might be my problem. He asked me a series of questions to which I responded yes, but meanwhile my DH was responding with emphatic yeses for me.  I guess I thought my period symptoms were 'normal' lol! I had a combo LAP/HSC my 16th cycle ttc. He removed what he describes as "a touch of" endo.

2) N/A

3) My OB gave me another prescription for clomid after my post op apt.  I didn't fill it and conceived the 2nd cycle after the surgery w/o meds.  The surgery was 10/06 and since then my symptoms haven't returned. (pain, mid cycle bleeding, etc.)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I did not suspect endo.  After 3 failed IUI's my RE suggested a Lap to look for endo saying "not getting pregnant is a symptom"... since I had no other symptoms.    We had the lap at about cycle18 of TTC

I have no known autoimmune issues.   Endo was stage 1.

I was pregnant via IUI#5 on the 2nd cycle after Lap.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"