TTC after 35
Options

Femara and TI - First Cycle

Hi all,

I'm back on these boards after about a year of hiatus! I was becoming way too obsessed and focusing on every single little twinge and tweak of my body every minute of the day which was really starting to run my life!!  I decided to stay off the internet and stopped temping.  DH and I still attempted just TI w/OPKs for the last nine months with no success.  So, I'm on CD 7 and just took my last dose of Femara.  The plan with my RE is to try two cycles of just Femara and TI.  Wish me luck!  I'm feeling SO bloated and blah.  I just lost a ton of weight and have felt so good about myself lately, so I'm hoping I won't put on the pounds with this drug!!

Any feedback on just Femara and TI???  No injectibles in addition, etc.

BFP 11/8/10 m/c 11/29/10 at 7w1d

Re: Femara and TI - First Cycle

• Options

We did a few cycles last year of Femara + TI.  No successful cycles.  We've moved on to Femara + IUI.  We're debating injectibles but I ovulate fine with Femara only and have a pretty good surge.

Good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

**SIGGY WARNING**

Our first cycle with the RE we did Femara and TI only.  After that we did 2 Femara/IUI cycles.  DH was dead set against injectibles for various reasons, so for that reason and financial reasons that was all we could afford to do.  Thankfully the last cycle worked for us.

Oh, and I didn't gain any weight while on Femara.

Good luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome Back and Congrats on the weight loss!  I hope you re-stay here is short
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

• Options
    image10-4LilBuddy:

We did a few cycles last year of Femara + TI.  No successful cycles.  We've moved on to Femara + IUI.  We're debating injectibles but I ovulate fine with Femara only and have a pretty good surge.

Good luck. 

Good luck to you too!  I'm the same - I ovulate just fine.  My issue is more-so diminished reserve.

• Options
    Anyone else have Femara/TI input?
  • Options
    Well, had levels checked and sonogram last week and looks like Femara is doing it's job.  Picked up surge on OPK, BD'd same day (with a few "issues...so...not counting that time ;)), and BD'd day after surge.  Going back for progesterone and beta check next week.  Fingers crossed.  But I'm not too hopeful since we missed BD on the day of surge :(  Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"