February 2013 Moms
Options

Fear and stress

So, in February of this year I had a missed miscarriage. I found out at 11 1/2 weeks that baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had my D&C a day before 12 weeks. I had my ultrasound last week because they didn't know how far along I was and I was so surprised to hear I was already 9 weeks along. Today I am 10 weeks and I feel super worried about the next two weeks. I just see the finish line as being 12 weeks for the safety and validity of this pregnancy. I am actually to the point where I am stressing myself out. I am having the biggest moment of weakness with this pregnancy and fear of loss, because up until now I was almost blissfully unaware of how close I am to second trimester. Before I just kept my heart at a distance in case it happened again...l but when I saw baby's heartbeat last week it really cracked my defenses. I just wish I could change my thought process and trust that this is going well.  So I feel like I am my own worst enemy. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fear and stress

• Options
    I'm so sorry...I think a lot of the ladies on this board, including myself, have suffered miscarriages, so it's a great place to ask if you have questions. Its totally normal how you feel. Keep in mind that a previous m/c doesn't raise your risk for another one.  Keep your chin up and beat of luck to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  The fact that you already heard the heartbeat is great! The chances of miscarriage go down (so I've read on the boards here).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    {{hugs}} Is your doctor willing to let you come in earlier for an elective u/s?

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm so incredibly sorry for your previous loss - I know how terrifying that can be. Idk if this is encouraging at all, but at 10wks you are already past the point where you lost your previous LO. I'm sure your doctor would have told you at your appt last week if (s)he had any concerns, if the baby was behind, etc.

I pray these next 2 weeks fly by for you & wish you a very H&H 9mo!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"