August 2012 Moms

Best pad and panites after C-section?

What is the best pad to get after the C-section? I have been told to get the long ones but anyone like a particular brand or style? Also, the panites, I was thinking either the "granny panites" or the boy shorts? Thoughts? TIA

Re: Best pad and panites after C-section?

• JAWMINJAWMIN member
    I stocked up on the mesh underwear provided by the hospital. You don't want anything tight. Even really high granny panties sometimes roll down and land right on the incision, so lose is the key.

W (02/2009), N (08/2012), and C (04/2014)
  • I am not sure why pads would be different than a vag delivery, I used the provided pads in hospital and Always Infinity at home. I also used my regular undies (VS hip hugger), but just wore my older "period" ones.

I wore my undies under my incision, it was fine.

• Loading the player...
  • I kept wearing my maternity panties.  But I couldn't even get *in* them til two days after (they left my epidural in for over 24 hours).  I personally hated the mesh panties (turns out they were latex which I'm allergic too).  I used overnites from Kotex and hated them.  This time I'm trying what other pp suggested:  Always Infiti Overnights with Wings.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly, the best panties are the mesh ones they give you at the hospital.  Ask them to see if they can give you an extra pair when you're discharged.  The pads they give you are huge, but work the best for the first few days or so.  Eventually, you'll be able to get away with just the Always long, thick pads.  For undies, you'll want to get something that rests below or far above your incision, imo.
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hoard those mesh panties from the hospital. Like hide pairs in your suitcase so they'll bring more. 

Just get the biggest longest pads you can find. I am pretty sure I wore one horizontally across my incision area in addition to my crotch at some point, when the bandages were off but it was still just kinda oozy.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for all the adivse ladies! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"