TTC after 35

AF 10 days late. two neg tests and going crazy.

I have no idea why I am so calm with all this. I feel like my period is coming with light cramping. However I've experienced other things durring this time frame. Twinges in lower belly region, stuffy nose, mild headaches, no breast tenderness sometimes itchy nipples, increase in bathroom breaks, sleep is disrupted and not as deep as usual, and I seem to be eating less for no reason that is obvious to me. The cramps are not regular nor everyday. I just feel different. I'm 35 and not sure if I could be pregnant or if stress has been my culprit with a late period but I've never been this late never by more then a day late. I last took a test 3 days ago. My SO seems unconcerned. Anyone else have these symptoms  and been pregnant? Could my tests been too early? 

Re: AF 10 days late. two neg tests and going crazy.

•  Hi, and welcome to the board...

With AF being 10 days late, if you were pregnant you should get a positive by now - assuming you ovulated at your normal time.  Do you know approximately when you ovulated?  Sometimes ovulation can be delayed due to stress or other factors, and that in turn will delay AF.  A delayed ovulation would also delay the time you could detect a pregnancy.  Unless you are tracking your ovulation via temping, OPK, or other method, there isn't much you can do but wait.  If AF doesn't arrive in a week or so and you are still getting a negative HPT, you should call your doctor.

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Thanks for your response. I ovulated June 29th. With my son 11 years ago I didn't get a positive till I was two weeks late. I've always wanted another child but have have a few miscarriages and those popped up on hpt day of missed period so this feels different then those. So, perhaps I should just chill a bit and test in a couple days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Test once a week - if you don't get AF after another 2 weeks I would make an appt with an OBGYN. 
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"