March 2012 Moms

***Tuesday Check In***

Heather   age 34  lost 3 solid pounds  goal to lose 30 pounds!!

last week was a better week. I worked out 5 days and EVEN fit in a session on SUNDAY with both kids! I had DS in his walker watching and DD trying to do my p90X dvd with. I did my p90x dvd everyday at work and took a day off saturday and yesterday.

This week i plan on using my DVD's every single day this week and will try to have better dinners. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage

Re: ***Tuesday Check In***

• Beth       Age 29       Lost 1 pound - only 12 to go

Last week was a fail.  Only did Insanity like 3 days.  I hurt my leg or knee or something and had to rest.  Boo.  Feeling better today so hopefully tonight's workout will be a winner. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Julie age 26  haven't lost any other than the initial 30 after giving birth

The last 2 weeks have been a complete fail to me. I should not, repeat, should not have purchased triple double oreos. It has been so hot here and I have been so busy with about a hundred things that exercising hasn't happened.

We just borrowed a big window A/C unit from my parents and put the little one in DD's room. The big one makes a world of difference so hoping to get back into exercising soon. DD is more of an anti-napper than normal so hard to get everything I want/need to do in a day in. Need to be better now that I don't have the "too hot" excuse anymore.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Age 28  Lost 5 so far, goal is to lose another 10 (but I know that 5 of those 10 will probably not drop until after I wean DS, so the short term goal is to lose 5)

I've been really good about working out every other day.  I do the 30DS and then run intervals.

I've been doing carb cycling which, I think, is helping with the loss.  I did have a cheat meal on Friday, but I have been good other than that, so I don't feel too bad :)

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Can I join???

Cassie  Age: 21   Only have lost the 14lbs after birth.

I have been having a difficult time with no where to work out and it being so hot. But with my wedding and my sister's wedding next year I need to get on track and loose the weight so I can buy a dress! Any workouts that you ladies found helpful while having a baby who doesn't nap well??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageExcited30:

I have no idea how much I lost (if any this week).  I did a lot of walking this week..maybe a bit too much:(  My knees are really sore and I've been popping IBU profen like it's going out of style.  I have rested over the weekend and they are still bothering me..So I will try a short walk tomorrow and see.  I don't want to back off altogether for too long, but need to allow for healing at the same time.  I think that I just did too much too soon.  The weather is great and I have so enjoyed being outdoors in the evenings for a walk.  My DD catches a sleep about halfway into the walk and so it's perfect.  I bring her home for her last bottle of the night and then she goes down for the night.  I didn't get a chance to weigh myself today (the scale I use is at the rec center) and so I'll have to update weight next week.  

Way to go ladies for all your hard work this week!! 

I have had problems with my knees in the past too.  Here is what works wonders for me:  Take 2 advil after walking or exercising, follow the exercise with 20 minutes of ice, take a super hot shower or use a heating pad an hour or so after icing.   After a day or two I can drop the advil and just ice and heat.

• The past week has not been good. I didn't get in a lot of exercise and my eating kind of went down the drain.  I definitely feel it too.  Time to get back on track.
  • imagemrscjmb9410:

imageBaby Lynn:
     Any workouts that you ladies found helpful while having a baby who doesn't nap well??

I do Jillian Michael's 30-day shred DVDs. It's kind of cheesy but it works. 

Thanks! I will have to check them out. As long as it works it doesn't matter how cheesy! haha. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would like to join as well, I am very lazy and come up with excuses not to workout everyday. So some support and motivation would be awesome!

Liz 23: I gained 15 lbs this pregnancy but was overweight when I got pregnant and I lost all 15 but I've been slowly gaining since then. I am almost positive I have a vitamin D deficiency and I KNOW I have an Iron deficiency, on top of not exercising I am very tired all the time and rather cranky. I don't have a scale to track weight loss but I'm not really worried about numbers but rather how I look and feel. I have a few dvd's of p90x but not the whole thing, so I'm going to try that as well as getting outside and walking as much as possible, but I'm in FL so it gets pretty hot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"