September 2012 Moms

Coconut Oil for Diaper Rash?

So we're planning on cloth diapering LO and have read that coconut oil is supposed to be a good diaper rash "cream". Have any of you used this? Does it work well? 
                                 http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/

Re: Coconut Oil for Diaper Rash?

• I haven't used it personally but I'm in a "crunchy moms" group on FB and I have heard rave reviews. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I plan on giving it a shot.  I bought a jar a couple weeks ago at the grocery store.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTAGSL710:
    I plan on giving it a shot.  I bought a jar a couple weeks ago at the grocery store.

Make sure u keep it in the fridge for it to last long , coconut oil is great I use it on my daughters hair among many other things  

• I use coconut oil for everything! I use it on my skin when it gets dry. I have used it for deep conditioning my hair and I also use it for cooking instead of any other oils. I have done a ton of research and it is definitely a miracle product. I plan on using it for my LO.
  • We used it on dd when we lost her desitin. Works great and is multi purpose!
    imageimage
  • imagechizekgeena:
    I use coconut oil for everything! I use it on my skin when it gets dry. I have used it for deep conditioning my hair and I also use it for cooking instead of any other oils. I have done a ton of research and it is definitely a miracle product. I plan on using it for my LO.

Same here--I use it for everything! 

photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yep I've used it and it works great!

ETA: Ugh I hit submit too soon.

I kept a little container of it with my diapering stuff so that I didn't have to worry about contamination when it comes to food, etc. I have little containers of coconut oil all around the house it seems, for different uses. It is very versatile.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageterri_doula2010:

Yep I've used it and it works great!

I kept a little container of it with my diapering stuff so that I didn't have to worry about contamination when it comes to food, etc. I have little containers of coconut oil all around the house it seems, for different uses. It is very versatile.

Terri...what do you put yours in?  Also, I've heard it does liquify around 75-80 degrees? 

• I've used it but didn't think it worked well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageterri_doula2010:

Yep I've used it and it works great!

Do you use at after every diaper change or just when LO has a rash?  Ugh, sorry, that is a total FTM question...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I plan on using it for diaper rash. Didn't use it with DD when she was in CDs although I did use olive oil sometimes. It was the trendy veggie oil to use a few years back. :o)

I currently make my own deodorant from coconut oil, baking soda and cornstarch and love it. I also wanted to add that it's not necessary to refrigerate it. Coconut oil keeps at room temperature for at least a year if not longer.

• Thanks guys! I would much rather put that on her booty than an expensive cream, and I'm obsessed with how much you can use this stuff for!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"