June 2011 Moms

Hand, Foot, Mouth...on top of an ear infection and

diaper rash. My poor baby!

If your little one had HFM, how long did it last for? I'm hoping she has a mild case and this just isn't the start of a huge flare up. She can't go back to daycare until she has scabs on the blistered spots.

~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image"">imageimage

Re: Hand, Foot, Mouth...on top of an ear infection and

• Are you sure the diaper rash isn't HFM too? My LO got it on his bum, it was one of his worst spots. 

His took a week from the first spots to "presentable in public", but I'm not sure when the scabs showed up. Maybe day 4-5? That was when Isaac looked the worst. It's too bad they won't take her sooner, ours took him as soon as he was fever-free. 

Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Stella was out of daycare for a week when she got it - actually, how it went down - I was at a doctor appointment for me when I got a call from daycare.  That was a Friday.  I had to pick her up, take her to her doc where she was diagnosed with an ear infection (HFM wasn't really presenting until later in the day), she was out the entire next week and back the following Monday.  We couldn't not take her back until the blisters had scabbed over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • cvl105cvl105 member
    I have no idea! I took her to the pedi this morning for the rash and ear and they thought it was a yeast rash. We've been fighting the rash for about 2 weeks now. These other bumps just started showing up yesterday. Although the rash is now a bunch of red spots, so who knows!
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • cvl105cvl105 member

imageSunidaze:
    Stella was out of daycare for a week when she got it - actually, how it went down - I was at a doctor appointment for me when I got a call from daycare.  That was a Friday.  I had to pick her up, take her to her doc where she was diagnosed with an ear infection (HFM wasn't really presenting until later in the day), she was out the entire next week and back the following Monday.  We couldn't not take her back until the blisters had scabbed over.

Sounds exactly like us this today. Took her this morning to the pedi for her ear/rash, brought her to daycare, went to work, and got a call a few hours later about the HFM. Geez, I hope I don't have to keep her out all week. Man oh man!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Your poor little baby!! :( When DS had HFM his was really mild, I kept waiting for it to get worse, all of his blisters were gone within a week. Hoping Callie gets better soon!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD only had the blisters for like 5 days- but luckily we were able to take her to daycare as soon as her fever had been gone for 24 hours.

Yeast rashes are a huge pain.  It took 2 months for DD to get rid of hers!

DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Oh no!  Poor little Callie :(  No experience, but I hope she feels better soon.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"