1st Trimester
Options

Suppose to be 11 weeks...

I am suppose to be at 11 weeks according to my last period but last week the doctor wanted to do a quick peek and couldn't see the baby or hear a heart beat. She scheduled me for an actual ultrasound the next day. The tech couldn't find the baby/heart beat with a traditional ultrasound so she did a vaginal. Still no heart beat but she found what she can't say is the baby because there is no heart beat(the baby was super small). My doc seems to think that I must be much earlier than 11 weeks because I have had no pain or bleeding to suggest miscarriage. From the day I peed on the sticks it was 6.5 weeks, and the tech said at 6 weeks you can hear a heart beat with a vaginal ultrasound. Has anyone had this experience? I don't have my next appoint with the doc to find out what the ultrasound results are and I kinda want to try and prep myself and my husband but I can't find anything online about this happening. 

Re: Suppose to be 11 weeks...

• Options

It sounds possibly like a blighted ovum which is what happened with our first.  We should have measured at 7 and were measuring more at 5 and shrinking.  If that's the case it's not good news and I'm horribly sorry.   I hope it's just your dates are off.  T&P for the best outcome

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope that your just earlier than you though... fx!
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For my first, I thought I was supposed to be about 7 weeks but I was really only 4.  They couldn't find anything and I had to go back a week later.  My period was off because I was just getting off of bc, but everything turned out fine.  Hopefully your issue works itself out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Unfortunately that does sound like a blighted ovum, to me... 

I wish I could say that maybe baby is just hiding or your dates are totally off or something comforting, but you typically don't get a positive test until 10-14 days after ovulation - and by the calendar dating system, you're already 2 weeks pregnant by the time you ovulate/conceive... which means you would have had to have been a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks pregnant (by the calendar) by the time you had a positive pregnancy test... But if you had a BFP 4 weeks before your ultrasound, your calendar pregnancy would have been anywhere from 7 to 8 weeks along when you had the ultrasound... and they should have been able to find a developing embryo and a heartbeat on the scan (a 6 week embryo typically has a visible heartbeat in the 120s). 

Very likely a blighted ovum, unless you had a very early miscarriage and conceived again within the last month.  

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    imageRynleigh:

Unfortunately that does sound like a blighted ovum, to me... 

I wish I could say that maybe baby is just hiding or your dates are totally off or something comforting, but you typically don't get a positive test until 10-14 days after ovulation - and by the calendar dating system, you're already 2 weeks pregnant by the time you ovulate/conceive... which means you would have had to have been a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks pregnant (by the calendar) by the time you had a positive pregnancy test... But if you had a BFP 4 weeks before your ultrasound, your calendar pregnancy would have been anywhere from 7 to 8 weeks along when you had the ultrasound... and they should have been able to find a developing embryo and a heartbeat on the scan (a 6 week embryo typically has a visible heartbeat in the 120s). 

Very likely a blighted ovum, unless you had a very early miscarriage and conceived again within the last month.  

All of this.  The dates don't add up.  I am sorry I don't have a more optimistic answer.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    May I also suggest you find a new doctor? The absence of pain or bleeding doesn't mean you haven't miscarried. I'm sorry. Sad
    Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • Options

imageNechamaChayim:
    May I also suggest you find a new doctor? The absence of pain or bleeding doesn't mean you haven't miscarried. I'm sorry. Sad

This, and I second the probability that this is a blighted ovum or very early miscarriage, I'm very sorry, because as others said, the dates just don't equate.  If you were supposed to be 7 weeks or so, then I'd say maybe you just ovulated late, but at 11 weeks you should definitely see more than that. 

FX that I am wrong. 

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"