February 2013 Moms
Options

If you have M/S?

Do you feel it getting better or worse?

As I near the end of my first tri I would hope that the M/S would take it easy on me. It has not, it has gotten worse. I am nauseous all day and I puked twice yesterday, once in the car. Thank goodness H was driving.

and a PSA: I have always carried grocery bags in my car in case I was to puke. It was something I learned the first go around. They are hard to carry in your purse and puking in a public toilet or trash is just a disgusting thought. I had one of those traveler baby diaper trash bag things and I put that in my purse. They work great for on the go puking. We didn't use them since we did cloth with Z. I am trying to find a link, but it's small and good to have if you are getting M/S a lot.

This is it. image

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have M/S?

• Options

that is so cute!! why didnt I think of carrying those for puking?! I have thrown up in the car on the way home quite a few times :( I've seen those at target and BRU

I dont know if its just getting a little better as I approach double digits (10 wks tomorrow) OR if taking my 4mg zofran every 4 hours instead of 6 but I am able to eat a little more now and dont throw up nearly as often........do you have zofran? my dr said its okay to take it every 4-6 hours....I have 4 mgs but they also have 8 mgs (and mine dissolve so I dont throw the pill up)....

• Options
    I have not taking Zofran yet. I should talk to my midwife about it. We are going on vacation this week and it's supposed to be hot as all hell. I worry that between that and being nauseous I will ruin our vacation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JSob13JSob13 member
    Mine is definitely getting worse. I wish I had thought of those bags, what a great idea! Would have been nice to have in Target yesterday...throwing up in a crowded restroom is the opposite of fun. 
    BFP#1: 1/16/2012. EDD: 9/21/2012 CP: 1/18/2012 BFP#2: 6/21/2012. EDD: 3/2/2013. MMC: 7/27/2012 BFP#3: 2/14/2013. EDD: 10/24/2013.
  • Options
    Mine has gotten worse the father along I get. I bought Sea Bands on Friday and they take away the nausea just enough so that I can eat, but not enough that I think my symptoms are disappearing. 
    Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine hasn't only gotten worse with the 100 degree temps we have had the past couple weeks. I am so worried I am going to be one of those women who struggles with it the whole pregnancy.  C'mon 2nd trimester!!! 
  • Options
    Mine comes and goes it just depends on what I eat. I'm hoping since I'm almost done with the 1st tri I'll be able to eat normal again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just in the past 2-3 days mine has gotten much worse. I hardly had it at all with DD, and was hoping I would get lucky this time, too. Nope. I haven't thrown up yet, but have been gagging a lot. For some reason, water running into the sink this morning was enough to make me start gagging. What the heck?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    We have that for DD's disposable diapers, ha!   I was surprised that when I hit 10 weeks, my m/s got worse.  I felt sick all day instead of just periods of feeling queasy.  And on Friday I almost got sick all over myself while driving!  But today is a little better.  I will be 12 weeks on Wednesday and I'm hoping that by 14 weeks, I will be free of m/s like I was with DD!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekelly321:
    Just in the past 2-3 days mine has gotten much worse. I hardly had it at all with DD, and was hoping I would get lucky this time, too. Nope. I haven't thrown up yet, but have been gagging a lot. For some reason, water running into the sink this morning was enough to make me start gagging. What the heck?

I was M/S free with Z. I would always read about people gagging while brushing their teeth and would think "well don't put the brush so far back" LOL. This morning I was gagging a way well brushing my teeth.

• Options
    I am finally starting to feel better but it still shows it's face. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Options
    Mine is getting worse. I've tried Zofran, B6, Reglan, and Phenergan. I am really hoping there's just a magical day in 2nd tri where I wake up and feel awesome. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just when I thought mine was getting better on Friday, I was sick all weekend & I didn't move from the couch. It's still kicking my butt, I hope it will be gone soon! I'm going to ask my OB about Zofran on Thurs, since next week we are going on a 8hr road trip & I really don't want to be puking the entire way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"