TTC after 35

Boo AF

Well I'm out for this month.  Started spotting last night and AF is here full force this morning.  I didn't think our chances were the best since I was sick leading up to O time, and we were unable to DTD pretty much until I hit peak time.  My previous 2 pregnancies both involved us DTD at least once in the 2-3 days leading up to O time, so maybe that's the key for us.  Obviously, DTD once a day for 3 days straight around peak time did not do it for us. 

At least I did not have another wonky cycle involving a short LP and me getting dizzy the day AF arrived.  That was not cool.  Well, onwards and upwards, as they say.  I'm disappointed but I'll look ahead and hope August will be our month.

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy

Re: Boo AF

• I'm sorry this month wasn't your month... It's always disappointing and then it's a 2 week (or more) wait for O. So much waiting...

One thing from your post confused me, though-- what do you consider your "peak time?" It sounds like you consider that different from the 2-3 days leading up to O. My understanding of how things work is that women are most fertile 3 days prior to O until the day after O. I consider that my "peak time" because it's the fertile window. Are you differentiating between when your OPK is + and when you actually O? 

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Thanks Daniele!  Well, I guess when I refer to my "peak" time I mean the couple of days that my CBEFM shows me "peak fertility".  And this last month I only got 1 High day prior to the Peak days too, whereas in the past I've usually gotten at least 2-3 high days.  I've found (by using OPK's in the afternoon and CBEFM in the morning) that the last High day before Peak on the CBEFM actually is the start of the LH surge.  The OPK picks it up in the afternoon while the CBEFM picks it up the next morning.  That was the case this month.  So from prior experience, we seem to need to DTD at least a day or two prior to seeing the LH surge. But that didn't happen this month since I was sick.

I don't temp as I just don't seem to be able to remember to do it before I get out of bed in the morning.  I usually end up getting up to pee or something and then remembering to do it, which throws the whole thing off.  The CBEFM has helped me get pregnant twice mainly because it gives me some forewarning of my impending ovulation, I think.  But it's true that it doesn't actually tell me which day I ovulated, I would need to temp to do that.

• Loading the player...
  • Ahhh... that makes it a lot clearer.

I had a hard time remembering to temp. I keep my thermometer under my pillow and that helps. Plus, I set my alarm.

Now I remember because I've been doing it for so freaking long... it's just a habit.

Once you learn when you ovulate, it will be easier to time the BDing every month, too.

GL!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Boo to AF. 

I agree with Daniele about temping.  It was a pain to remember at first, but now I put my therm on top of my bedside table and temp right before i get up to pee.  It helps with peace of mind during the TWW to know when exactly I ovulated since my O dates range from CD16 to CD21.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejjs2010:

Boo to AF. 

I agree with Daniele about temping.  It was a pain to remember at first, but now I put my therm on top of my bedside table and temp right before i get up to pee.  It helps with peace of mind during the TWW to know when exactly I ovulated since my O dates range from CD16 to CD21.

Ditto this.  The digitals have memory too so if it's the weekend and I know I'm about to O (like this past weekend), I set my alarm for my usual time, take my temp, then go back to sleep.  I have the FF phone app so I just log my temp in later when I get ready in the morning.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Thanks ladies, maybe I will give temping a try again, just to get that extra piece of data!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"