March 2012 Moms

Anyone else have a kid who scares the hell out of them ?

Our Lil guy sleeps so deeply and breathes so lightly there have been times I thought we lost him.. it can take two or 3 attempts to stir him and he scares the hell out of me at times.  I know we all love to have our kids sleep good ....but still...

I know he is a healthy lil man and he sleeps like his daddy, but he already gave me gray hairs when I was pregnant, I don't need any more.  He just did it to me again just now Indifferent at my age I don't need any added heart attack inducing moments  LOL.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else have a kid who scares the hell out of them ?

• Dom has had the sniffles, and it sounds like he is choking every now and then.  It wakes me up into a hot sweat, but once he clears his throat he goes back to his usual sleeping habits.  He gets quiet during his naps, but I can see his little chest moving.  DH has a hard time seeing it, and always asks me to see if DS is breathing.

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• WipzWipz member
    I would say I am glad it's not just me.. but I'm not, because I wouldn't wish that kinda scarey on anyone else.  Tongue Tied Luckily he doesn't deep sleep this bad too often, but when he does he takes about 5 years off my life expectancy ..and I am already older than your average momma bear LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Zachary has suddenly decided that he just LOVES to pull his blankey up over his face in the middle on the night. It scares the hell out of me!

I went in there a couple of minutes ago and he's done it AGAIN I grabbed the blanket and took it away, the minute it left the thing left his bed he got PISSED and screamed!

Its beyond crazy!

Gives me a heart attack every dang time!! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The first time DD slept until 5 or 6 am this happened to me.  I woke up and it was light out and she still hadn't woken up.  When I realized, I shot up out of bed and looked over at the bassinet.  She was still happily sleeping away, but it totally freaked me out.  That was at like 7 weeks old or something.  Now I wish she would sleep straight through till morning, lol. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Isaac is good on this! I had to check on him this morning. I stand trying to see his chest/back move to make sure he is breathing and sometimes I can tell, sometimes I can't. So then I try and make him move a little and he doesn't. Then eventually he will just jump and finish sleeping. Scares the crap out of me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could not live without my Snuza monitor.  I know some people eyeroll at it, but I'm almost sure I wouldn't be sleeping without having it.
    image  image  image

• kel716kel716 member

My almost 4 year old gives me a near heart attack at least once a week if not daily.  Yesterday at gymnastics he jumped into the block pit on his back instead of his feet.  I thought he landed on his neck.  Yeah, heart attack moment.  My heart stopped pounding when I saw him laughing. 

DD scares me because she sleeps so well.  eg, she went to bed at 9:30 last night and woke up screaming at 6:20.  I went in, fed her, and she went back to sleep.  Four hours later she's still sleeping.  She also scares me because she loves to chew on cloth things. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"