February 2013 Moms
Options

Strangers feeling my sharp tounge

So.... This last weekend my filter seems to have disappeared. And the victim are strangers. And it always happens around doors. My friend and I were walking out of Walmart and a man cut us off. We were carrying things and obviously walking at a faster pace. So I commented quite loudly "ladies first, age before beauty" and continued to mutter about chivalry lost on men. Then this morning a young girl held the door open for me and I said thank you and her reply was "uh-huh". Again, out goes my words with no thought to rein them in and I say tartly, "it's you're welcome, not uh-huh!" 

Anyone else finding their inner thoughts jumping out before you can curb them?  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Strangers feeling my sharp tounge

• Options
    Oh yes, me too.  I find myself giving myself lectures about thinking before I speak  lol.  I work in customer service too, I'm walking a fine line.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    haha there is a reason why I am not leaving my house for at least another month lol. My poor husband has gotten the brunt of it but I wouldn't be able to bite my tongue with strangers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Someone was nice enough to hold the door for you and you got huffy at their response to your thanks? I'd try to find your filter before you wind up offending someone.  

imageShayliz:
    Someone was nice enough to hold the door for you and you got huffy at their response to your thanks? I'd try to find your filter before you wind up offending someone.  

I think the point of this post was that she has already reprimanded herself. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha! Yeah...I'm finding myself to be fairly snarky lately. Thankfully we're leaving for the beach tomorrow for a week...I SO need a vacation :)
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagesecondaryPULSE:

imageShayliz:

...I was thinking the same thing.

I'm glad you both said it first.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagesecondaryPULSE:

imageShayliz:

...I was thinking the same thing.

Me too, especially since I could see myself muttering or nodding something that is equivalent to "you'r welcome," and I'd definitely get butt hurt if someone corrected me when I did. 

I remeber saying something totally rude when I was pregnant with my daughter, to the point my husband (well ex now)apoligized for me, while I stewed and thought I was right, lol. I can't remember what it was but I remember being SUPER irritated.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagebirdiecat:

imageShayliz:

Yeah...I think she was sharing because she realized her silliness...and this board is a place where we can be real, *preferrably* without judgement. We've all got our faults, ladies. So let's all have some grace, too 

• Options
    imageheather.mike:
    imagebirdiecat:

imageShayliz:

Yeah...I think she was sharing because she realized her silliness...and this board is a place where we can be real, *preferrably* without judgement. We've all got our faults, ladies. So let's all have some grace, too 

Point out where anyone didn't have grace - suggesting that she find her filter so that she doesn't offend someone.  Pregnancy isn't an excuse to be rude.  This board isn't some puppies and rainbows flame-free zone and honestly, nobody said anything uncalled for or flame-y to the OP.  

imageheather.mike:
    imagebirdiecat:

imageShayliz:

Point out where anyone didn't have grace - suggesting that she find her filter so that she doesn't offend someone.  Pregnancy isn't an excuse to be rude.  This board isn't some puppies and rainbows flame-free zone and honestly, nobody said anything uncalled for or flame-y to the OP.  

Sorry. I guess I've been having my first super sensitive day and reading way too much into stuff. I didn't mean to offend, just defend...but I obviously didn't do that well either. And I guess there wasn't much to defend...so sorry for stirring the pot unintentionally.

BTW...can you describe to me what "flame-y" might mean? I have an idea but I'm just curious what you meant....like maybe similar to "throwing darts"?  

• Options
    imageShayliz:
    imageheather.mike:
    imagebirdiecat:

imageShayliz:

I was just asking the question if anyone else is feeling the same way or had similar experiences. I normally have a better filter. That was my point. I was looking for honesty from the other  women on this board, not looking for "motherly lectures" on my own rudeness. And let's not all be saints here. The previous quoter above me has made a good point of "where anyone didn't have grace". I am pretty confident I am not the first or last pregnant woman who has dropped her filter without reflecting back on it later and wondering what they were thinking in at moment. 

Thank you to the women on here who have seen my real point. I wasn't expecting to have to defend myself, as much as some others on here have had to as well 

• Options
    FFS- nobody lectured you. You posted on a message board and got responses. If you were only looking for people to agree - please put that in your post do we know how to reply.

imageShayliz:
    FFS- nobody lectured you. You posted on a message board and got responses. If you were only looking for people to agree - please put that in your post do we know how to reply.

Thank you for the advice. Please refrain from saying "uh-huh"

• Options

90% of my sharp tongue encounters come around doors too lol~

I dont remember how long ago it was afew weeks i guess... we have revolving doors in my bld and i had stuff in both hands and the guy in front of me did not push the doors at all... so i yelled at him to push the door lol ... we were also in the same elevator.... that was fun lol

the rest of my encounters come at the grocery store!

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"