1st Trimester

Fetal Doppler, can't believe I did this

Okay. So.  Get ready to LAUGH really hard because I seriously just made one of the biggest moronic mistakes, I believe, to date.  

I bought a fetal doppler.  I watched a youtube video of it, and during the heartbeat part, she just focuses on a clip of the monitor of the device and her baby heartbeat, and then 1 second later goes back to talking about it  (maybe you've seen it?)

So I thought to myself, "OH! so you use it internally" 

anyways, not knowing ANYTHING about it other than this one video, I ordered a new one online... got it, and used it exactly how they use it at the dr's office when you go in for your first ultrasounds....

YEAHHHHH. I think I win an award for being the biggest idiot.  I really had no idea it wasn't used for that, until I told my husband it just didn't feel right.  I guess I need to do more research on things before I jump into them!!

I'm hoping I didn't screw anything up, I did wash it before doing that even out of the packaging... but I'm just a worrier.  Anyways, hope you had a good laugh like I did. :)  

Re: Fetal Doppler, can't believe I did this

• LMAO!!!!!

I have been laying on the floor, searching for that little teeny tiny heartbeat and seriously thought whether I'd better luck up my vag. Of course, I didn't, but I thought about it.

What'd you hear?! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedande2129:

LMAO!!!!!

I have been laying on the floor, searching for that little teeny tiny heartbeat and seriously thought whether I'd better luck up my vag. Of course, I didn't, but I thought about it.

What'd you hear?! 

I'm seriously laughing so hard right now!! "swish swish swish..... beat beat beat.... silence..... "

I believe it was only my heartbeat!!

My biggest concern is that I got cooties or something from it LOL  

• Loading the player...
  • Ha! That cracks me up!

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelisa445:
    imagedande2129:

LMAO!!!!!

What'd you hear?! 

I'm seriously laughing so hard right now!! "swish swish swish..... beat beat beat.... silence..... "

I am STILL laughing!!! FI saw the title, heard me laughing and said, "Did she put the doppler up her vagina?" I laughed even harder. I can't stop laughing.

I'm sure it's fine though. Both the doppler and yourself :)  

• imagedande2129:
    imagelisa445:
    imagedande2129:

LMAO!!!!!

What'd you hear?! 

I am STILL laughing!!! FI saw the title, heard me laughing and said, "Did she put the doppler up her vagina?" I laughed even harder. I can't stop laughing.

AHHHH that's SOO FUNNY.. yeah, yeah I did.  Not a proud moment here.  lol!!! Thanks, I really hope so!! My husband just left to go to work and I called him, and I was like, "Are you SURE you don't think I got cooties?!" .... he's a nurse, with 4 different medical degrees... so I'm sure he'd know.  Yet, here I am panicking lol 

• imagelisa445:
    imagedande2129:
    imagelisa445:
    imagedande2129:

LMAO!!!!!

What'd you hear?! 

AHHHH that's SOO FUNNY.. yeah, yeah I did.  Not a proud moment here.  lol!!! Thanks, I really hope so!! My husband just left to go to work and I called him, and I was like, "Are you SURE you don't think I got cooties?!" .... he's a nurse, with 4 different medical degrees... so I'm sure he'd know.  Yet, here I am panicking lol 

Bahaha! You have a pro at home! You should have just waited for him ;)  

• vflipovflipo member
    I can't believe you did that either. I hope you're up to date on your cootie shots.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • HA! This just made my day!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hahaha I cannot stop laughing. But seriously, how would you know?? I had no idea that the first u/s would be vaginal (and I'm a nurse!), so I can see how you could think maybe the heartbeat would be doppled best vaginally. Thanks for the laugh. And I don't think you need to worry about the cooties thing, I'm sure it was clean enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haha! That's really funny. I assume you have a Sonoline B, which at least *can* be used that way. I have an Angelsounds. Glad I didn't try to shove that up there ;-)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• hehehehe that's funny. I'd probably think of something like that too

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• OMG this totally made my night!!

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagevflipo:
    I can't believe you did that either. I hope you're up to date on your cootie shots.
    If not, I can help.

Circle, circle, dot, dot.  Now you have your cootie shot!

• imagesofamonkey:

imagevflipo:
    If not, I can help.

Circle circle square square, now you have it everywhere! (extra protection. Not sure if the original shot covers the vag area) 

• imageJerkStore213:
    imagesofamonkey:

imagevflipo:
    If not, I can help.

Circle circle square square, now you have it everywhere! (extra protection. Not sure if the original shot covers the vag area) 

::snort::
  • imagelisa445:

Okay. So.  Get ready to LAUGH really hard because I seriously just made one of the biggest moronic mistakes, I believe, to date.  

I bought a fetal doppler.  I watched a youtube video of it, and during the heartbeat part, she just focuses on a clip of the monitor of the device and her baby heartbeat, and then 1 second later goes back to talking about it  (maybe you've seen it?)

So I thought to myself, "OH! so you use it internally" 

anyways, not knowing ANYTHING about it other than this one video, I ordered a new one online... got it, and used it exactly how they use it at the dr's office when you go in for your first ultrasounds....

YEAHHHHH. I think I win an award for being the biggest idiot.  I really had no idea it wasn't used for that, until I told my husband it just didn't feel right.  I guess I need to do more research on things before I jump into them!!

I'm hoping I didn't screw anything up, I did wash it before doing that even out of the packaging... but I'm just a worrier.  Anyways, hope you had a good laugh like I did. :)  

• OMG, this thread is awesome. Thank you very much for the laugh.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hope I didn't wake everyone up by laughing so loud when I read this and the responses! Made my sleepless night entertaining! Thanks for posting. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Bahahaha! Thanks for sharing.  I needed that laugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagevflipo:

AHAh hahahhahahaha

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ( O _ O )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"