February 2013 Moms
Options

probably a dumb heartburn question

What can we take other than Tums?  Tums don't work for crap :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: probably a dumb heartburn question

• Options
    ah625ah625 member
    My SIL carried a bottle of Maalox with her pretty much her entire pregnancy. It was the only thing that helped her. I'd try that. I hope you get some relief!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have always drank 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and it works wonders.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can take Ranitidine (Zantac). It saved me my last pregnancy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageCupcakeKaper:
    What can we take other than Tums?  Tums don't work for crap :(
    Regular Tums don't do crap for me either. Have you tried the Tums 1000? Those are my savior. Lemon water seems to help me, too, and so do the preggie drops this time. Last time, they made it sooo much worse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doc said all the 'M's are ok, Maalox - Mylanta - Milk of Magnesia. He also said that Zantac would be just fine as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    During my first pregnancy I carried around a bottle of maalox everywhere I went and it helped. During the second I experimented and realized if I ate small amounts more frequently the heartburn was much better and tums were enough. We'll see what happens this time!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a little bit of baking soda mixed with water works every time for me.  Maybe 2 tsp of baking soda and about an ounce of water.  I just mix it up in a shot glass.  If I don't have baking soda on hand I use children's pepto. The children's pepto doesn't have aspirin in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"