Success after IF

Success with Progesterone Pills

Hello-

I recently found out that I was pregnant last week. This is our first pregnancy, and I'm very nervous. My doctor did two rounds of blood work, and noticed that my progesterone levels were declining. He put me on progesterone pills to take. Has anyone ever taken them?? I'm really nervous about it. Has anyone had success after taking them early on in a pregnancy??

Re: Success with Progesterone Pills

• I've been on progesterone for quite a few of my pregnancies.  I've always used it vaginally though, I've never take it orally.  With my IVF I did injections of progesterone in oil.  In five pregnancies using progesterone I've had two live babies, two miscarriages and well, I won't know about this pregnancy until December but I've made it half-way and things have been good thus far.

And, when you say they were declining, do you know the actual numbers?  My progesterone levels seem to vary widely but most docs only really worry when they fall below a certain level.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I took the vaginal suppositories at the beginning of my pregnancy. I don't remember for sure but think RE started them right after the IUI (before BFP).

Good luck to you.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure he said it went from 16 to 12. Do you think it's ok if I ask my doctor to take more blood work in the upcoming weeks?
  • imagebmbjines:
    I'm pretty sure he said it went from 16 to 12. Do you think it's ok if I ask my doctor to take more blood work in the upcoming weeks?

I would ask for at least a 3rd beta draw.   The only time I started progesterone after a BFP it was a chemical pregnancy, so it couldn't have helped afterall.   I was on progesterone shots for my IVF cycle and that pregnancy resulted in DS.   Best of luck!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• When I got my positive Beta with DS#2 I had been on progesterone suppositories for ~2 weeks and my P4 was only 6.4 so they definitley kept me on the supps until about 10 weeks.

Because of that I wanted them this time too, and had to remind them of my low numbers last time.  I figure it can't hurt so I'm willing to tolerate the messiness. :)

Congratulations. 

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagebmbjines:
    I'm pretty sure he said it went from 16 to 12. Do you think it's ok if I ask my doctor to take more blood work in the upcoming weeks?

Because I am ultra paranoid my doctor has tested my progesterone through 17 weeks.  Crazy, I know.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• When I was pregnant with ds I had my beta and my progesterone was low it was a 6" They started me on the suppositories 1x a day for a week then moved me to 3x a day till 15 weeks....they kept me pregnant and I have a beautiful son to prove it! This time I'm an I'm the pio shots...good luck and you will be ok! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"