1st Trimester
Options

First Ultrasound T&P?

Hi all, 8w5d and I am super excited... only 2 hours until I go in for my first ultrasound. Also, I am super terrified that there won't be a heartbeat... I know semi-irrational frear but I'd appreciate any T&P LO's way... REALLY want this baby to stick!

I am scared of MC and know that once a heartbeat is heard percentages drastically decrease - also after 12 wks, but still... Hoping to hear/see that little flutter...  Anyone else have this semi-irrational fear?

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: First Ultrasound T&P?

• Options

So many first u/s posts....

IMO, it's not a totally irrational fear because those things do happen. It's not as if you're afraid a plane is going to fall out of the sky onto your car as you're driving to the OB. THAT is an irrational fear. This is my second, and yet I still worry that something is going to go wrong, and I believe that to be natural. There are so many things that are beyond our control that it's difficult to just let go, and do the best that you possibly can.

Have fun at your u/s! I'm sure everything is absolutely perfect! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    send you well wishes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I TOTALLY know how you feel. I even have 2 children already and never had any complications with my previous pregnancies *knock on wood!* But for some reason this time around I am so nervous and everytime I read a "good bye post" my heart sinks. I have my first ultrasound today at 2:30pm CST and i'm sooo nervous for all the what if's i'm going crazy. And I'm stuck sitting at work until 2, so yeah i'm a slight mess right now. I'll be definitely giving you T&P for a great ultrasound!!

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imagejaimie68005:
    I TOTALLY know how you feel. I even have 2 children already and never had any complications with my previous pregnancies *knock on wood!* But for some reason this time around I am so nervous and everytime I read a "good bye post" my heart sinks. I have my first ultrasound today at 2:30pm CST and i'm sooo nervous for all the what if's i'm going crazy. And I'm stuck sitting at work until 2, so yeah i'm a slight mess right now. I'll be definitely giving you T&P for a great ultrasound!!

At my first appt with this one, I was almost in tears because I was so nervous about EVERYTHING. The midwife said something that really resonated with me. She said, "What are you nervous about?" "Everything." "The fact that you had a healthy pregnancy the first time is a good indicator that this one will also be just fine. I see a lot of women who feel that the first or second healthy pregnancies were times that they just got lucky because there are so many tragedies." For me, it was true. I felt like I was totally blessed with a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby the first time that there's just no way it would happen again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first U/S is today as well! I'm actually quite confident about it due to all of the changes I've been experiencing in my body... a lot stronger than last time. I had my first U/S last time at 10.5 weeks, saw the heart beat & everything was fine and I M/C the following week. So you just never know... but positive thoughts always help! GL!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - (YMDN)

• Options
    T & P coming your way!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the reassuring thoughts. This is my first pregnancy... so everything is still SO new... Seems too good to be true still and it's all really scary. It's really comforting to know that even people who have had successful pregnancies still worry.. I guess I should get used to it since I will be a mom soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good Luck and eveyrthing will be fine... I had my first one at 6w 3d and I was so nervous that I forgot all of my questions I had for the doctor (I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to ask me if I had any questions while I was looking at my baby on the screen for the first time)... but then saw the flicker of heart beat and was so happy.. I have my next one in a week so i'll be a 8.5 weeks, can't wait to see the little heart again.. You probably won't hear it just yet, they say you won't hear the heartbeat until 10-12 weeks, but seeing it flicker is amazing. All the best!!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    G/L! :) Your way more fortunate than I am... I have to wait till I am 10 weeks exactly :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"