December 2010 Moms

Explain the Wawa love to me... (NTR, obvs)

So the first Wawa store in my state opened yesterday, and there's been a ton of buzz leading up to it, plus a huge media event around the opening. (The Mayor made the first hoagie! LOLZ)

Can someone explain all the Wawa love to me? I thought it was a grocery store, but the pics I saw of the local one look more like a gas station? I hear the food is good? It's 10 min from my office ... is this a place you'd drive to buy lunch? Or just somewhere that you'd stop only if you were already there for gas?

Fill me in ladies!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Explain the Wawa love to me... (NTR, obvs)

• imageletranger:

LOL. 

so wawa is a connivence store with good hoagies/sub sandwiches.  it is like a sheetz or a better 711. 

i eat lunch there once in a while HOWEVER in college i waS THERE 24/7 

Thanks for the info! I'm guessing maybe there's a nostalgia or homesickness element that explains why people are totally freaking out about them coming here. Good to know that the subs are good though.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • M&S07M&S07 member

Wawa has real hoagies that you can customize how you'd like on a touch screen tv.  Get milk and gas at the same time.  And it's open 24-7.   Plus around here the gas is usually cheapest and the same price for cash or credit. 

I don't understand how other parts of the country can survive without this.  :) 

• Loading the player...
  • haha! There is much love for Wawa in NJ, too. There used to be more of them, but now they seem to be more of a South Jersey thing, so whenever we see one now, we're like "ooh! Wawa!!" They have good subs & good ice tea! 

They are in essence, a convenience store, like 7-11 or Quick Check (those are 2 we have around here). So, you can stop in & get a sub, coffee, snacks, magazines, whatever. Not all of them have gas stations here, but you don't need to use that as an excuse to go!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageGrayGhost13:

So the first Wawa store in my state opened yesterday, and there's been a ton of buzz leading up to it, plus a huge media event around the opening. (The Mayor made the first hoagie! LOLZ)

Can someone explain all the Wawa love to me? I thought it was a grocery store, but the pics I saw of the local one look more like a gas station? I hear the food is good? It's 10 min from my office ... is this a place you'd drive to buy lunch? Or just somewhere that you'd stop only if you were already there for gas?

Fill me in ladies!

I love Wawa. The gas is generally the Cheapest around and I LOVE the subs - my favorite is a meatball sub(yes, in my part of NJ we call them subs, not hoagies). Give it try and see what you think. The Wawa brand ice teas are awesome and so is their ice cream.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    I thought this was seriously like a kids show or something!  I've never heard of them but if they're in FL, maybe we're next.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kj07kj07 member

I miss Wawa.  PPs explained it pretty well.  I don't think I'd go far out of my way for one, but they were a staple in my grad school life.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • WaWa < 7/11 < Sheetz.

That's all you need to know.

ETA: Because I drank too much wine and forgot which < > was which.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageOhSewCrafty:

WaWa < 7/11 < Sheetz.

OSC,  I hope you mean that Sheetz is better than Wawa, because you are so right.  Nothing beats a Schmuffin! 

Proud Momma to two beautiful children!!!

• M&S07M&S07 member
    imageOhSewCrafty:

WaWa < 7/11 < Sheetz.

I think this may be true for some areas but around my house Wawa is always clean.  7-11 or any other One Stop places appear to look gross.  Wawa is constantly renovating old stores to make even those look nicer.  Although I don't go there as much these days due to the lack of a drive through and the PIA factor of removing a child from a car seat to get something I probably shouldn't really be eating anyway... I loved the Wawa in high school/college. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"