August 2012 Moms

Whining for a quick second...

I have had stomach pains and lots of pressure since yesterday. I'm pretty sure my LO is dropping, and my stomach, and pelvis are not a fan.  Standing makes me want to cry a little bit.

Meanwhile, I signed my DS up for a gym class over a month ago to help with his motor skills before pre-school starts in a few weeks and last week, he refused to go in without me.

I'm pretty sure I might start crying if I have to stand up for 45 minutes in the gym, while I watch all of the other happy parents sitting comfortable behind the glass window.

That's all :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Whining for a quick second...

• I would want to cry, too.

On the same note, I wanted to sign DS up for a gymnastics class where my sister "grew up" and I checked how much it was for a ten week class. Over $300. Really? For once a week, ten week class??? AND I had to be in the class with DS helping him. If I am paying $300, I expect someone to be there with my kid, not me. I'll stand there watching...but heck...for that kind of money I am paying someone to be a 1:1 teacher...

Anyways, what kind of gym class is it? Just a general one? How much does it cost? In the fall we are going to sign up at the YMCA and I'll be signing DS up for a class. Besides swim, I want him to get into something. 

image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so glad you posted this! Is that what all of that crampy-ness is? It's the baby getting bigger and dropping? For the past week, everytime I lay on my side I get a huge ache on whatever part of my belly is hitting the bed. I have to put a pillow under it to prop it up! I have noticed the baby sitting way lower but I couldn't figure out why I was actually in pain!
  • Loading the player...
  • My crampiness was that the baby had gone head down and was pushing on my pelvis.  That and his/her head is now 9.3cm big O_o
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBemyselfandi:

I would want to cry, too.

On the same note, I wanted to sign DS up for a gymnastics class where my sister "grew up" and I checked how much it was for a ten week class. Over $300. Really? For once a week, ten week class??? AND I had to be in the class with DS helping him. If I am paying $300, I expect someone to be there with my kid, not me. I'll stand there watching...but heck...for that kind of money I am paying someone to be a 1:1 teacher...

Anyways, what kind of gym class is it? Just a general one? How much does it cost? In the fall we are going to sign up at the YMCA and I'll be signing DS up for a class. Besides swim, I want him to get into something. 

Just "eaves dropping"...My cousin's son got kicked out of his preschool class two years ago for being too rambunctious and she had to find a way to drain his energy and fill up is time fast!  They did swimming lessons and golf lessons (which is odd, no one on that side of the family golfs) but his favorite class at the YMCA was basically a general gym class where they did something different each time they went.  It helped them figure out what kind of sports and activities he liked the best before they invested a lot of time, energy, and especially $$$, into one thing.  Maybe they have something similar in your area?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBemyselfandi:

This class was $110 and it's just one day a week for 6 weeks.  I just got him into the 3.5-5 year old old class.  However, they aren't watching him super close and I feel nervous not watching him.  He has his own agenda and kept getting in the way of bigger girls doing real gymnastics.  I was afraid he was going to get knocked out.  I expected a little more one on one too.   

• imageMommyMelRN:
    imageBemyselfandi:

Just "eaves dropping"...My cousin's son got kicked out of his preschool class two years ago for being too rambunctious and she had to find a way to drain his energy and fill up is time fast!  They did swimming lessons and golf lessons (which is odd, no one on that side of the family golfs) but his favorite class at the YMCA was basically a general gym class where they did something different each time they went.  It helped them figure out what kind of sports and activities he liked the best before they invested a lot of time, energy, and especially $$$, into one thing.  Maybe they have something similar in your area?

That's kind of what his class is.  It's in a gymnastics arena, but they do all sorts of things with them.  He actually participated today after me backing away slowly for 10 minutes.  I got to sit for half of it at least haha. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"