Toddlers: 24 Months+

3 Day PT = huge fail

So midday today (day 3) DS seemed to be improving.  He had only had 2 accidents.  Then after nap (woke up dry) it kinda fell apart.  Three more accidents.  One time he deliberately peed on the floor and laughed.  It took everything in me not to react.  The thing is, he exhibited all of the readiness signs:  dry after nap and night, can dress/undress himself, ASKED for underwear on Thursday after his potty trained friend came for a playdate and he observed him using the potty. I guess he isn't emotionally ready.  I don't know what to do next.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!

Re: 3 Day PT = huge fail

• KadyraKadyra member
    Three weeks later on the three day method, we still have accidents. And yesterday he did the pee and laugh thing. I feel ya. But as the pamphlet says, not every child can do it in three days. Mine sure couldn't! It's a process. Ongoing. Sigh. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Did it get any better as time went on?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't give up.  It does sound like he's ready.  It took us almost 2 weeks to have a no accident day.  My son still won't tell me he has to go I just have to remind him every hour or 1 1/2 hours.  And he still poops at nap in a pull-up.  But after two weeks he is basically daytime potty trained. We didn't do a strict 3 day plan, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageKadyra:
    Three weeks later on the three day method, we still have accidents. And yesterday he did the pee and laugh thing. I feel ya. But as the pamphlet says, not every child can do it in three days. Mine sure couldn't! It's a process. Ongoing. Sigh. 

Yep, our "3 day method" took 6 days, on day 4 and 5 we had NO accidents and I thought we had it, day 6 we had 3 accidents, day 7 was 4.  Then, on day 8 she had 5 accidents in the span of 4 hours....I nearly flipped my shiit.  I cried.  I'll be honest.  We were under a bunch of stress that week too because my BIL and his wife were breaking up and he had moved in and his 2 yr old was here visiting that weekend and DD just couldn't take it.  So, I gave up.  I put her back in diapers and said, we'll try again in a couple of months.  That was about a month ago.  We'll probably try again at the end of next month, or maybe over labor day weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bump burp

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It took us about 2 weeks for the "3 day" method to work - the first 3 days were normal, just a few accidents, the 4th day there were 4 accidents, and about a week in there were again 4. Daycare was another adjustment. We're about a month in and she's been accident free for 2 weeks now. 
  • imageJessys_Girl:

imageKadyra:

Yep, our "3 day method" took 6 days, on day 4 and 5 we had NO accidents and I thought we had it, day 6 we had 3 accidents, day 7 was 4.  Then, on day 8 she had 5 accidents in the span of 4 hours....I nearly flipped my shiit.  I cried.  I'll be honest.  We were under a bunch of stress that week too because my BIL and his wife were breaking up and he had moved in and his 2 yr old was here visiting that weekend and DD just couldn't take it.  So, I gave up.  I put her back in diapers and said, we'll try again in a couple of months.  That was about a month ago.  We'll probably try again at the end of next month, or maybe over labor day weekend.

Do you think all these changes happening in your family is what's affecting her progress?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son actually did great on the three day method and during the first week, he had only a few accidents.  We are now in the third week, however, and he has started having at least 2-3 accidents a day. 

He appears to be teething and getting his two year molars but he is also losing interest in having to go potty. He tells his teachers "no" at school and then pees on the floor.I think he is upset because his friends don't have to go potty and he wants to keep playing.

I'm getting frustrated because he was doing so well but we are sticking with it and trying to get him through this rough patch and making sure to reward him with stickers and cheers when he remembers to go.  

It is a definitely a process.....!  

• KadyraKadyra member
    Yes it got better! It else I'd be crying every day ;) he averages one accident a day now. Usually it's because he pees in his pants when he poops. He did poop on the toilet once, which was awesome. And he peed in a store bathroom last night. All little victories. We keep half of his underwear downstairs. The sticker chart helped. Now we have one for poop. Baby steps!
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"