Postpartum Depression
Options

LO is 11 days old & I'm having a hard time in the evenings..any ideas?

So basically around 5 or 6 pm I start feeling super sad and just cry for no reason. Nothing really helps and I've been getting a decent amount of sleep. I don't have much of an appetite in the evening and just feel so not myself..is this normal baby blues or something more? I wake up feeling pretty good and have showered almost daily bc DH is home. Also worried bc he goes back to work Thurs. I had a c-section; could this affect my hormones?

Any advice or suggestions would be great...trying hard not to cry tonight.. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO is 11 days old & I'm having a hard time in the evenings..any ideas?

• Options
    I would feel like this in the evenings too when I had my first son. I also felt anxious thinking about being home alone with the baby once my DH went back to work. I ended up being diagnosed with PPD after the birth of both of my sons. Have you talked to your doctor? I took meds after the birth of my first son and now after my second. 
  • Options
    I felt this same way after I had my first son in October. it always hit me when the sun went down. i also had to force myself to eat since I was breastfeeding. I had no appetite and felt nauseated. It was definitely the baby blues. It will last 2-3 weeks and then will start to fade. Trust me, it does get better!!! It helped to get out of the house, even if it was just strolling through my front yard.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cbmp06cbmp06 member
     I used to just cry and sit and wait all day for my husband to come home and feel so relieved in the evening and then around like 9 I would get super anxious because I never knew what the night held.  It lasted a few weeks and definitely lessened, especially with the help of medication (I was having a really hard time).  It sounds totally normal, you are not alone!  But just be sure to keep eating, if you start neglecting your health you won't be able to take care of anyone else<3  Hang in there, mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"