Babies: 9 - 12 Months

1st Birthday Party Theme Ideas

My DS's birthday is coming up (well, okay, not for 3 months... but I'm a planner) and I was hoping you ladies could help me brainstorm theme ideas. It'll be held at a place like Gymboree in the "Meadow" and "Treehouse" rooms. We're expecting upwards of 60 guests. I originally thought monkeys might be cute; however, this was part of the safari animal decor at his bris right after he was born. (Does that matter?) It can't be Sesame Street, music or cars b/c these were themes at his big brother's past parties. Suggestions? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st Birthday Party Theme Ideas

• Yeah I started planning my sweetie's party about a month ago. We are doing "Under the Sea" themed for my daughter. Other themes you could do maybe Rockets and outer space? Maybe cars or fire trucks. I actually think that monkeys and safari are cute too!
  • abby79abby79 member
    How about a sports theme?  Or trains?  Sock Monkeys are cute too!
  • Loading the player...
  • CHI-06CHI-06 member

I have seen owl themes 'look who is one'

we are doing a little monster theme...I think it's cute :)

I don't think monkey theme needs to be safari though either...and would be fine to do. 

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • I would do "woodland creatures" theme - which would work with both the "Treehouse" and "Meadow."  (And you could incorporate owls too like pp suggested)
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So many great ideas! I'm glad I posted. For now, I'm leaning toward sock monkeys, especially since DS has several. A woodland/owls theme is a close second. Adorable!
  • We are doing Very Hungry Caterpillar.  That's what her nursery is, and it will work inside or out.  I am not sure what a Gymboree is or what those rooms look like, so I am sorry if it isn't much help, but have fun planning! 
  • We're doing an owl theme at a local park.  We're having a catered BBQ, kids will get to make their own "dirt" dessert to eat, favors will be a bag of twigs and rocks (pretzel sticks & m&ms) and a bag of gummi worms with owl heads on the top to make it look their tummies have worms in them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're doing a Fall theme with pumpkins, gourds, and apples.  The older kids will decorate the mini pumpkins.  We are going to bob for apples and the favors are crepe paper pumpkins with snacks inside.  This might work with your location.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedragon_chica:
    We're doing an owl theme at a local park.  We're having a catered BBQ, kids will get to make their own "dirt" dessert to eat, favors will be a bag of twigs and rocks (pretzel sticks & m&ms) and a bag of gummi worms with owl heads on the top to make it look their tummies have worms in them.

Very cute, but I'm assuming that this is for your 3 y.o. I can't imagine a bunch of babies making "dirt" dessert and eating gummi worms. I'll keep this idea in mind for the future, though :)

• imageclara5878:
    We're doing a Fall theme with pumpkins, gourds, and apples.  The older kids will decorate the mini pumpkins.  We are going to bob for apples and the favors are crepe paper pumpkins with snacks inside.  This might work with your location.

This is another idea I've already put in the hopper. There's a great pumpkin patch near us, which will definitely be a birthday party venue when DS is a bit older. I love fall birthdays for this very reason!

• dr seuss...so excited we love dr seuss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"