Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Sandwich poll - LO eats ? of a sandwich

Thanks for playing.  :)
[Poll]

Re: Sandwich poll - LO eats ? of a sandwich

• I've never made her more than a half of a sandwich. I'm sure she would eat more if I made a whole sandwich. But I usually serve some fruit or veggies with the sandwich and she eats those as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At 11 months, we would probably eat two sandwiches if I offered. However, I serve half with a side of fruit or veggies.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMason&Mama:
    At 11 months, we would probably eat two sandwiches if I offered. However, I serve half with a side of fruit or veggies.

LOL!  We also give DD fruits and or veggies with the sandwich quarter - but I swear she would keep on eating if I let her. Yesterday she ate over half. That is exactly why I wanted to see how much others were eating.  I keep looking at her little tummy thinking...it can't hold much more!

• I am so happy you posted this, I was just about to post something just like it.  My son would eat the whole sandwich and a banana.  At some meals he eats more than I do!  I was starting to worry that he was going to be obese, but from everyone's responses it seems he is right on track.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What kinds of sandwiches do you all make? Just curious
  • imagejaymiegerard:
    What kinds of sandwiches do you all make? Just curious

We've tried grilled cheese & turkey/ cheese sandwiches so far. 

• I've just done grilled cheese. I offer half because I can't imagine how long it would take him to eat an entire sandwich. He prefers to dismantle them, get gooey cheese everywhere, and suck on the bread, so it takes awhile for him to eat any of it Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'll give half along with a side of fruit or something and if he's still acting hungry I'll let him have as much as he wants. I don't think you can overfeed a baby but maybe thats just me.
  • I've never given her a sandwich. Now I feel like I'm depriving her. Great, thanks. 

But she doesn't have ANY teeth so I'm not sure how that would go.  I'm thinking she would choke/gag since previous attempts at serving her bread resulted in her shoving the whole thing in her mouth. Which was surprisingly a lot of bread. 

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • imageawesnap:

I've never given her a sandwich. Now I feel like I'm depriving her. Great, thanks. 

But she doesn't have ANY teeth so I'm not sure how that would go.  I'm thinking she would choke/gag since previous attempts at serving her bread resulted in her shoving the whole thing in her mouth. Which was surprisingly a lot of bread. 

I still worry about her literally biting off more than she can chew.  I either cut the sandwich in manageable bites and scatter on her tray or use my teeth to 'score' the end of the sand. to make her think she is taking bites.  The latter seems to really be helping her learn to bite food instead of cramming her mouth full. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"