1st Trimester
Options

Anxiety?

Hi.
I'm pretty new to this, but I'd appreciate your input.
I've had anxiety attacks since I was a teenager, but then it was always triggered by something big. For instance, one time it was a car accident.
However, I'm a FTM and lately I've been having anxiety/panic attacks sooo easily. I've had 2 in the last few weeks and this morning it happened during church--hyperventilating, uncontrollable crying, almost passing out, etc. I had to leave. That has never happened to me before. The other time was at a wedding, of all places.
So now apparently I freak out in large groups of people.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?? The first time I just chalked it up to 1st trimester wackiness and hormones but now I'm getting scared that it this could be a problem the whole time and that can't be good for LO to have me freaking out like that. My next OB appointment is next week and I'm going to ask then, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever been through this and what did you do? Sorry, this is kinda long. Just wanted to give background.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anxiety?

• Options
    I have struggled with depression and anxiety in the past, but after my first child I was able to stop taking my medications and have sense tried dealing in other ways.  It has worked for the most part.  Have you talked to your doctor about your issues?  Maybe they can give you something to help calm you down when these attacks occur.  When I was pregnant with my son, they prescribed a medication that I took nightly and it helped a lot.  I can't, for the life of me, remember the name of it now, but it's definitely worth checking with your doctor.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker "You are the only you God made...God made you and broke the mold." -Max Lucado
  • Options
    Probably your pregnancy hormones are increasing your anxiety symptoms (they are for me too!) I'd recommend talking to your doc, deep breathing and guided imagery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Without a doubt its your hormones.  I do not have anxiety issues, however, I noticed myself feeling depressed at times, very emotional, and easily triggered since becoming pregnant.  I would talk to your doctor about it because from what I hear, its best to stay on any medication that will help you get through the pregnancy without any attacks, the benefits outweigh the risks, but like I said, just talk to your OB.

Love, Amanda

expecting our little miracle in February

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have OCD. It's been pretty darn good for several years but I'm noticing now it's cranking up a bit. I'm thinking of the most bizarre and horrible things that I won't even repeat here (they are just awful). It's either my hormones or the fact I'm extremely anxious over this pregnancy. I've never gotten past 10 weeks so I don't know if I'll get worse, better, stay the same, etc. I always knew there was a possibility I'd lose my ever loving mind when pregnant or after giving birth. If my paranoia gets worse I'll call my previous psychiatrist and see what she has to say. Do you see any kind of therapist? Perhaps you'd like to start if you don't already?
    Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • Options
    My anxiety is getting really bad lately I have noticed :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"