2nd Trimester

Anyone do their glucose test early (~16 weeks)?

Based on some of my routine bloodwork results, my OB wants me to do the glucose tolerance test early, this coming week when I'll be 16 weeks.  With my last pregnancy I did it at the normal time and passed (though I don't think I passed by much).

Just curious, if you had to do it early because you were higher risk for GD, did you pass?  I had preeclampsia with my last pregnancy and am just really hoping to have an uneventful pregnancy this time...

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: Anyone do their glucose test early (~16 weeks)?

• I had mine early like that but only because Im over weight, no family history at all. I passed they might have me do another later in my preg too, don't know for sure...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had mine done last week at 15 weeks. I asked to get mine done early because I had GD during my last pregnancy. I passed this time. I'm not sure if I will have to take it again later on in my pregnancy or not, but I was really happy that I passed this time! Good Luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelanea8712:
    I had mine early like that but only because Im over weight, no family history at all. I passed they might have me do another later in my preg too, don't know for sure...

I am too, unfortunately. :(   Glad you passed!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • kjef11kjef11 member

I did the glucose test at 10 weeks because their is a family history of diabetes. I passed it then but I think I will have to do it again at the normal time.

• I did it at 8w, because DS was over 9lbs at birth even though I didn't have GD with him, and will be doing a repeat test tomorrow at 28w.  I haven't failed one yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My friend's doc made her do one around 16 weeks and then another closer to 30 weeks because she is considered high risk due to her age.

• Yep...They had me do mine early at 14 weeks because my 1st trimester blood tests were slightly elevated. I passed but still have to do it again at the regular time too.
    *Michelle* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I did mine at 14 weeks and failed both the 1 and 3 hours. :(. Like you, I also had Pre-e last time and was hoping for an easier pregnancy this time. I am glad we caught it early though because blood pressure can affect blood glucose levels. So far, my bp is slightly elevated (it's normal when I'm not pregnant), so I'm hoping to keep control of both!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had the one hour test when I was 9 weeks. I got it done the same day that I got my first blood test.  I failed the test by 4 points so I got the 3 hour test when I was 14 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB had me do a baseline around 8 weeks

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did one at 14 weeks because I'm overweight, which supposedly causes a higher risk of GD.  I did a second last week. I passed them both.
    my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did mine at 12 weeks actually lol I passed and learned IM RH negative. I have to do another blood glucose test at like 28 weeks and I have to get a shot then for the RH negative thing and again after birth. My friend failed her BC test by like 7 points and had to do the 3hour one .... not cool :(
    BabyFetus Ticker Labor buddy to LaceAndLilies
  • I had mine at 16 weeks due to my PCOS (apparently there's a link between PCOS and elevated risk of GD). I passed with flying colors, but I have a repeat test scheduled at 28 weeks just to make sure that I haven't developed GD.

Hopefully it's just a precaution and you'll check out just fine! Good luck!

me 26 / DH 29
    TTC#1 since 5/2010 (charting, AO)
    2/2011: DX: PCOS, hypothyroid (1700 mg Metformin, 50 mcg Synthroid)
    8/10/2011: First RE appt.
    9/2011 & 10/2011: Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    11/2011: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    1/2012: Femara + Follistim + Ovidrel + TI = BFP! (Praise the Lord!)
    ?3/23/2012: Graduated from the RE... moving on to a regular OB!?
    ?10/29/2012: Our precious baby boy was born via emergency C-section. 5 lbs, 13 oz; 18" long ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I have to do my first one at 16wks as well. Hopefully it all goes well.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"