March 2012 Moms

Not using Pacifier anymore?

We didn't give our Little guy a paci in the beginning and then he used one for about a month and now he doesn't seem at all interested in it since he started teething... He shoves everything else in his mouth but has Zero interest in using a pacifier.. not that I am complaining because I didn't really want to give him one at all... anyone elses LO suddenly stopped wanting a pacifier/binky?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not using Pacifier anymore?

• kel716kel716 member

Some kids lose interest early... some don't.  It's a personal decision if you want to continue offering it or not. 

For us, I was glad DS had one for when he was teething.  But that's us.  He gave it up on his own at 22 mos (though that is unusual)

• Isaac hasn't cared about them at all. I tried when he started sucking on his hands all the time but he has no interest. It's fine with me. Then I don't have to break him of it when he is too old for it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, same with us. He'll take it only when he's drowsy and it puts him to sleep but any other time, nope, not anymore. He mainly likes to jam his hands in there now over anything else. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mcleremclere member
    My daughter won't take it anymore either. She probably used it for about the first 2 months then she started pulling in out all the time. I'd have to keep giving it back to her and this became exausting. Shortly after that phase I'd only give it to her if we were out and about and she had a fit which was rare but I wasn't ready to leave the house without one yet. lol She started chewing on it while holding the handle that's on it. We have the nuk ones. As soon as I offer it she won't even suck it in her mouth and latch on it she bites down and flings it out of her mouth so I'm done offering it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS was a lot like your LO.  Never really that attached to it and that's about the stage when we stopped offering it.

DD is a total paci addict.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't give it to him.  I'm telling you it gets hard to take it away when they're older and hooked.
  • cbmp06cbmp06 member
    We had about the same situation for DD.  She hasn't taken one since she was probably about a month old... but she puts everything else in her mouth!  I almost wish she wanted one, only for teething time :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"