1st Trimester
Options

Anyone have a "period" @ 7 wks?

I truly think i've had a miscarriage and go to the doc on monday for my first prenatal appt. So hopefully i'll know for sure then. But, I noticed some spotting 3 nights ago and it progressively increased and turned red with a few very small clots. Today seems to have lightened up a little. I would say its like a normal 3 days period for me. I did have some back pain 2 nights ago. But now i'm not having the cramping that i've had for the past 3 weeks. I never had any nausea, never felt extra tired, never had any cravings. So, it seems hard for me to tell whats going on in my body. I've read a lot about this and it can be many things or could be a miscarriage. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them previously and did have a healthy pregnancy. 

Re: Anyone have a "period" @ 7 wks?

• Options

I'm sorry you're going through this.  Hopefully it's nothing, because lots of woman have bleeding early in pregnancy.

I would call your doctor's office and ask for a call back from the doctor on call.  They may want you to run into a lab for bloodwork today, so they have a baseline to compare against come Monday.

Good lucky!  I hope it's nothing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bleeding during pregnancy is not your period. You should call your doctor with any significant bleeding. It's not normal to have a full flow.
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

With this pregnancy I had cramping that felt like menstrual cramps from 4weeks until 8 or 9 weeks.  I still occasionally get them.  Starting at 6 weeks I had spotting/bleeding that varied in shade and quantity, it lasted a week.  As of 12w1d everything looked perfect. 

With the pregnancy where I miscarried I didn't really have any cramping or bleeding until the day I miscarried.  Within less than 12 hours I had cramping to point I couldn't sit up straight or hold a conversation, and extreme bleeding. I was bleeding through pads almost instantly and passing huge clots.  

There are various causes of bleeding and spotting during pregnancy and not all of them mean you lost the baby.  Right now the best thing to do is wait for your appt. Monday.  I know the waiting game sucks.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

Honestly, it could be a m/c, or it could be something like a subchorionic hematoma, which is quite common.  I had one with this pregnancy, I never had any bleeding from it (we found it at my first u/s) but many women discover it because of bleeding, and everything has been fine, so hopefully that is the case for you as well.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's impossible to have a period while pregnant but the bleeding could be indicative of something else. I'd suggest going to the ER if you don't want to wait.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My mother had her 'period' (at least that is what she thought at the time) for her first five months of her 2nd pregnancy. She didn't even know she was pregnant until month 5! She just thought she was getting fat ;) that pregnancy went well and my brother is now a professor in engineering!

So it is possible, but I would still call your doc. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"