Georgia Babies

Harmony Screening?

Does anyone know about the harmony screening? I went in for my nuchal translucency screening and they tried to add on this test as well. My OB said to beware because most insurance providers don't cover it in the regular medical plans. The perionatal doctor acted like it was essential and that I should really do it. My nuchal test came back with excellent results so am weighing if I should really do another genetic test that is going to cost me $900, is not covered by insurance and will most likely tell me the same results as the nuchal finger prick and ultra-sound. 

Anyone have any advice?  

Re: Harmony Screening?

• Yes the lab part was just bought buy another company so you have to call your insurance provider to see if they cover it.  But it is a cool test.  I did NOT do it because my results were so good for the normal testing.  If it wasn't good then I was going to do Harmony.  In the future this is the way screenings will go for downs but not sure how long that road is for that.

If you had really great results then I would not get it.   

• wuhhoowuhhoo member
    I just had the test done this week, awaiting results. It was covered by my insurance (BCBS GA). I called my insurance co while I was in the office to confirm coverage. My doctor mentioned this particular test was much more accurate than the others and fewer false positives.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"